• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,501 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, paperheart said:

Based on the 92% audience score on RT and the eventual $2BB WW box office, you're last comment makes no sense

this.  the geeks on the movie thread and his co-workers do not comprise the "general public."

2 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

this.  the geeks on the movie thread and his co-workers do not comprise the "general public."

Someone said something not over-the-top in support of this film?

aFTDkwF.jpg

:baiting:

7 minutes ago, drotto said:

IW is reporting $75 million from China and we have not even hit the weekend yet.

Now, how far up the box office chain does it go in the end? Does it top all of the biggest MCU movies? As the capstone for all of the movies, it feels like it should.

14 hours ago, paperheart said:

Based on the 92% audience score on RT and the eventual $2BB WW box office, you're last comment makes no sense

I agree that this is a great movie and will top $2B, as stated in my previous posts. I am just reporting what I am hearing from the people at work and other friends that are not comic fans. I personally thought it was an awesome film.

9 hours ago, bane said:

I don't understand why people have a problem with a slightly darker tone, how many Marvel movies are we in now? Come on, change is as good as a holiday, otherwise its just too same old same old cookie cutter Marvel.

Agreed. I put this movie up there with the first GotG, and first Avengers as my favorite Marvel films to date. 

On 5/8/2018 at 6:34 AM, jimjum12 said:

The CGI just keeps getting better and better.... I can't think of anything that was "fakey" ..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Banner in the Iron Man suit looked really bad towards the end of the movie when the helmet was off.  I guess they ran out of CGI money.

Edited by rjrjr

Turns out Tom Holland is so known for spilling the beans on Marvel hidden details, the rumor is the Russo Brothers at one point game him a fake -script before shooting. And on press tours, they paired him up with Benedict Cumberbatch to stop him any time he spoke too much.

Benedict Cumberbatch is the best line of defense for Tom Holland’s big mouth

LOL

Poor Mark Ruffalo butt-dialing the early release details of Infinity War. He'll never live it down.

Mark Ruffalo Spoiled the End of ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Last Summer and No One Noticed

Marvel did an astonishingly good job keeping secret the major spoilers in the end of Avengers: Infinity War. Sure, fans guessed some of the twists based on the trailer, and a few of the surprise returning characters were spoiled by some paparazzi photos. But the brunt of the ending — Thanos succeeding in collecting all the Infinity Stones and wiping out half the universe, including many of the Avengers — was about as major a shocker as any blockbuster in recent memory. Marvel kept that ending in a vault so secure it would make Odin jealous.

Except the ending was revealed nearly a year ago in an interview with a national television show, and basically nobody noticed.

Russo Brothers shared during an interview the status of characters that did not appear in Infinity War. One once again is a major Thor character thrown to the wayside.

Avengers: Infinity War’ Directors Confirm Which MCU Supporting Characters Lived or Died

Spoiler

howard-the-duck-mcu-1109138.jpeg

The dapper duck “survived,” Joe Russo said.

thor-jane-foster-1109139.jpeg

Jane’s fate was dubbed “too spoilery.”

matt-damon-loki-1109140.jpeg

He “did not survive,” Joe confirmed, a fate sure to please Matt Damon nemesis Jimmy Kimmel.

betty-ross-1109141.jpeg

“Gone,” Joe said simply.

korg-and-miek-1109134.jpeg

Though they may have survived that initial onslaught, were they wiped out by the snap?

“Spoiler,” Joe said.

black-panther-shuri-1109142.jpeg

Shuri’s fate is a “spoiler,” Joe said.

peter-parker-ned-leeds-1109136.jpeg

“Spoiler,” said Joe.

aunt-may-marisa-tomei-1109135.jpeg

May is “safe,” Anthony said.

lady-sif-1109143.jpeg

HuffPost reports the Russo brothers confirmed she won’t be involved in the Infinity War sequel.

“Gone,” Joe said.