• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,501 posts in this topic

Well, I finally got to see the movie last night in the theater and it was... INCREDIBLE!  I don't know how any comic book fan could not like this movie with the nonstop action and sheer number of characters that were involved.   Infinity War delivers the most compelling, action packed, and intriguing story of any superhero movie made at any time.  I don't know how Marvel can keep this up and where it will go after Infinity 2.  Seriously, how do you top this?  

Edited by 40sJohn

3 hours ago, 40sJohn said:

Well, I finally got to see the movie last night in the theater and it was... INCREDIBLE!  I don't know how any comic book fan could not like this movie with the nonstop action and sheer number of characters that were involved.   Infinity War delivers the most compelling, action packed, and intriguing story of any superhero movie made at any time.  I don't know how Marvel can keep this up and where it will go after Infinity 2.  Seriously, how do you top this?  

you must not have heard that suicide squad 2 is in the works.

8 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

you must not have heard that suicide squad 2 is in the works.

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

Well done, sir!

Agreed! So amazing. Incredible. Books should be written on this.

(:

Saw it yeasterday with my daughter (her 1st time - my second).  She kind of was meh since she doesn’t like constant fighting movies and kind of compared it to a Transformers flick.  I still liked it a second time.

On 6/7/2018 at 3:20 PM, paperheart said:

add in $6mm China thru Thurs + $4MM other Int'l thru Wed to the reported #'s and it's about $20MM away.  probably come up just short thru Sun.

$1.998BB (before final adjustments), $2BB going to have to wait a day

I thought it was good.  Not mind blowing or anything. I actually enjoyed a couple other Marvel movies better than this one.  I have no real desire to watch this again but I might right before the second part releases.  I’m not sure what it is but the heroes VS swarm of (insert enemy) has gotten old for me. I’m sure I’ll enjoy the second part more as the story unfolds. As long as the finale is not another swarm battle.

On 6/8/2018 at 8:48 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

11th time for me tonight. I still find myself smiling, somber, emotional, joyful and more when watching this. I still get goosebumps when Thor shows up to the final battle and does the jump-slam with the hammer. I just don't see how any comic book fan could not love this movie. It's a living, breathing comic book. My favorite sequence is the Titan Dr.Strange/Thanos battle segueing into the Iron Man/Thanos battle. Perfection. 

You’ve seen this movie 11 times???

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

You’ve seen this movie 11 times???

I think I’m wired differently, if I chose to watch my all time favorite movie (which I’ve only seen 3 times over twenty years) over and over, it would lose something out of my expectation of scene by scene viewing and just become dull.  I found out the hard way when I watched  Aliens twenty times in a one year period when I got the VHS. I can’t wait to become senile.

Edited by Grails

6 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I agree. I’ve seen some movies about 20-30 times but never in a 1-2 month period 

more importantly why not spend that time seeing another movie

lifes too short to waste away seeing the same mess over and over

Unless it's Batman vs Superman. 

16 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I agree. I’ve seen some movies about 20-30 times but never in a 1-2 month period 

I actually feel somewhat guilty when I reread my favorite novels over considering all the books out there I haven’t read.

Edited by Grails

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

I've seen other movies. Solo, Deadpool. I'll be going to see Incredibles and Jurassic Park as well. I also don't consider IW a "mess" and still enjoy myself every time I watch it. I watch a lot of Netflix, broadcast TV and sports too. It passes the time in-between the days I see my daughter. 

Edited by Chip Cataldo

2 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

I've seen other movies. Solo, Deadpool. I'll be going to see Incredibles and Jurassic Park as well. I also don't consider IW a "mess" and still enjoy myself every time I watch it. I watch a lot of Netflix, broadcast TV and sports too. It passes the time in-between the days I see my daughter. 

I don't think it is a mess either. It's funny how things change with time.  When Empire Strikes Back came out in theaters, critics didn't like the multiple storylines that it had - too much going on.  Now it is considered a classic.  IW has a lot going on but it works for me.