• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,501 posts in this topic

It looks like toy sets may have given away some details.

SPOILERS: 10 Major Reveals About AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR From Those Leaked Toys You Need To Know

Peter Dinklage role?

Spoiler

Peter Dinklage = Tor

Dwarves.jpg

There have been a lot of theories about who Peter Dinklage might be playing in Avengers: Infinity War but one of the LEGO sets may finally shed some light on what the Game of Thrones star will be getting up to here. Apparently, the God of Thunder and Guardians of the Galaxy will head to the home of the dwarves in Nidavellir to get Thor a new weapon and that has to be where Dinklage comes in!

Soul Stone's location?

Spoiler

The Soul Stone's Location Revealed

The Soul Stone is the only Infinity Stone which remains unaccounted for and with Black Panther coming out next month, it makes sense that it will pop up there. This LEGO set confirms that theory and we'll no doubt learn much more about it soon enough (chances are the Soul Stone is what T'Challa uses to communicate with his ancestors based on what the trailers have revealed over the past year).

What weapon will Thor wield?

Spoiler

The "Ax-Thunderer"

So, what is Thor getting on Nidavellir? Well, it's called the "ax-thunderer" in the translated descriptions for this LEGO set and it's actually a weapon we've already seen in concept art for Avengers: Infinity War. That massive axe is clearly going to have much more to it than meets the eye and the possibility that an Infinity Stone will be used to help create it is seemingly teased too (a very intriguing twist).  

21 hours ago, kdoginohio said:

Anybody else think that Thanos has a wimpy voice? I mean, all I can think of is James Earl Jone's voice coming out of Vader.

Agreed, but I always read him more like Destro from the GI Joe cartoon. That is the quintessential ominous bad guy voice for me (because Vader's a bit too specific and artificial sounding).

On 1/14/2018 at 5:32 PM, kdoginohio said:

Anybody else think that Thanos has a wimpy voice?

:screwy:

22 hours ago, The Brain said:

It is 'Tysonesk'.

:facepalm:

3 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Agreed, but I always read him more like Destro from the GI Joe cartoon.

O.o

There's nothing wrong with Thanos' voice.  This isn't a Tom Hardy's Bane or Christian Bale's Batman situation.  I have zero complaints about Thanos...not his voice, not his skin changing color, or his CGI face.  He's perfect:sumo:.

Okay, one complaint.  I really wish he was in his battle armor (even though there was a reason given for why he isn't) when he attacks earth.  Without the armor it looks like he's out on his daily exercise routinelol.

On 1/15/2018 at 4:30 PM, Martin Sinescu said:

Agreed, but I always read him more like Destro from the GI Joe cartoon. That is the quintessential ominous bad guy voice for me (because Vader's a bit too specific and artificial sounding).

Yeah, I'm just saying that a deeper, Vader like voice would sound better for a half ton mad Titan. Still trying to get over Spader's voice coming out of Ultron. :facepalm:

Robert Downey Jr. Gifted Entire 'Avengers: Infinity War' Crew With Personalized Cast Chairs

LwP2NtP.png

Robert Downey Jr. is showing his appreciation to the crew of Avengers: Infinity War. The star purchased personalized set chairs for every member of the crew.

One such chair showed up on in photos on Instagram. The front has the crew member’s name. The back as a version of the Avengers: Infinity War logo. The arm has a plaque from Stark Industries. The plaque reads, “Heart felt thanx from the center of my arc reactor,” and is signed by Downey.

On 12/20/2017 at 11:32 AM, kimik said:

No, this will be it. DC beat Disney to the box office with the first female hero flick. Marvel can beat them on the LGBTQ front. We have seen two prominent male characters kiss on Star Trek Discovery this season, so I don't think it will be long before we see it in a mainstream hero film which will be fine. 

Bucky has finally spoken about giving Captain America a boyfriend

:facepalm:

30 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

$1 Australian Dollar = $0.79 US Dollar...

$39.99 * 0.79 = $31.59:whatthe:.

So to build Thanos (I'm assuming head, 2 arms, 2 legs, and chest) you would have to plop down almost $200!!!  That's ridiculous.

Fifteen points of articulation! I rest my case.

:baiting:

6 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

$1 Australian Dollar = $0.79 US Dollar...

$39.99 * 0.79 = $31.59:whatthe:.

So to build Thanos (I'm assuming head, 2 arms, 2 legs, and chest) you would have to plop down almost $200!!!  That's ridiculous.

It always happens when figures are released early... they're scalped. At retail these are $20 each.