• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (May-2018)
5 5

1,501 posts in this topic

Russo bro's are taking over from Whedon? Is that correct?

Correct, which is why Whedon is talking about wanting to do a female-based movie either for Marvel or DC. Even some talk recently about how excited he was over Wonder Woman.

Russo bro's are taking over from Whedon? Is that correct?

Correct, which is why Whedon is talking about wanting to do a female-based movie either for Marvel or DC. Even some talk recently about how excited he was over Wonder Woman.

We all get excited over Wonder Woman.

After reading that mishmash of rumors, hopes, and creative interpretations, it would still make no sense to bring Warlock into the IW movie. They'd be trading all the work they've done to build Thanos, plus Vision, and what, replace all that with some convoluted Warlock story that sounds a bit silly to actually say out loud? Maybe it's because I'm not a Warlock fan, but I just can't see them bringing Warlock in at this point. I think that the cocoon in GOTG means as much as the Howard the Duck cameo did.

That's 10 months old. I still don't see how the cocoon is any more significant than Howard. Howard at least had lines from what I recall. That doesn't mean Howard is going to be in IW any more than it does Warlock.

Josh Brolin Is Eager To "Bring The Wrath" As 'Thanos' In The AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Movies

Considering his performance as Thanos has, so far, been limited to very brief appearances during Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers: Age of Ultron, it's no surprise that Josh Brolin can't wait to portray the Mad Titan in his full glory in the two-part Avengers: Infinity War movies. However, could we see the purple supervillain before then? Maybe during Captain America: Civil War post-credits? "I don’t know which one I’m in," Brolin told MTV News when asked. "That’s a Kevin Feige question. I know the trajectory of what they’re doing, but I don’t know exactly which one I’m in."

"I love going into a comic book store and a guy connecting me with Thanos, and seeing the incredible regressive awe that happens. Like you see them lose 30 years in can’t-breathe awe. That’s fun, and I have a lot of respect for those fans. I’m excited about doing it, I really am."

Although Brolin once declared Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man as the Avenger he especially wants to go toe-to-toe with, the Oscar-nominated actor now says he wants all of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. "I don’t have a favorite because it’s me against all of them," he said. "I think the entirety is what I’m most looking forward to. Each and every one. I’m bringing the wrath."

Josh Brolin Is Eager To "Bring The Wrath" As 'Thanos' In The AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Movies

Considering his performance as Thanos has, so far, been limited to very brief appearances during Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers: Age of Ultron, it's no surprise that Josh Brolin can't wait to portray the Mad Titan in his full glory in the two-part Avengers: Infinity War movies. However, could we see the purple supervillain before then? Maybe during Captain America: Civil War post-credits? "I don’t know which one I’m in," Brolin told MTV News when asked. "That’s a Kevin Feige question. I know the trajectory of what they’re doing, but I don’t know exactly which one I’m in."

"I love going into a comic book store and a guy connecting me with Thanos, and seeing the incredible regressive awe that happens. Like you see them lose 30 years in can’t-breathe awe. That’s fun, and I have a lot of respect for those fans. I’m excited about doing it, I really am."

Although Brolin once declared Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man as the Avenger he especially wants to go toe-to-toe with, the Oscar-nominated actor now says he wants all of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. "I don’t have a favorite because it’s me against all of them," he said. "I think the entirety is what I’m most looking forward to. Each and every one. I’m bringing the wrath."

:headbang:

Although Brolin once declared Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man as the Avenger he especially wants to go toe-to-toe with,
:facepalm:

This is my point exactly. Iron Man is a guy in a suit that gets beat to hell in every movie so far. Read a flipping back issue or two.

Although Brolin once declared Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man as the Avenger he especially wants to go toe-to-toe with,
:facepalm:

This is my point exactly. Iron Man is a guy in a suit that gets beat to hell in every movie so far. Read a flipping back issue or two.

At lease it would be consistent with all the other films. First Tony - then everyone else.

Fo67eBN.jpg

Russo Bros Explain Why AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Being Shot Entirely In IMAX Is “Appropriate”

Now, while promoting their new China/LA based film studio, the filmmakers have elaborated on the decision to make IMAX history with the highly-anticipated “Phase Three” movies, and much more.

“It's about 20 minutes of IMAX,” said Joe Russo when asked how much of the large format will be used in Captain America: Civil War. “It's our first time using these new Arri 65 cameras in the IMAX format and it's beautiful. Once we saw the 20 minutes of footage that we had shot, that's when we made the decision to do both movies of the Infinity War [entirely] in it. The scale is appropriate for superhero storytelling. There's a lot of characters in those movies, a lot of characters who are tall characters. Big characters who are much taller than regular humans.”

“So, when you have that beautiful IMAX top and bottom frame, it creates a much grander format for a movie like that to be viewed in. I just feel like the thing that distinguishes movies right now is that wide-screen format and the difference of why you go out of your house to go to the theater; it's to have that experience that you can't have at your house. For us, we wanted to really deliver on the promise of those movies. There're 20 movies behind them, so they're the culmination of 20 films and it needs a big beautiful format to tell that story.”