• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watch my slab collection grow from scratch to BIG $$$ scratch!

292 posts in this topic

D'OH! Nothing at the home front today! Expected delivery, 2/7/15!

Must have slab. Must put Spidey on shelf and look at it. Then come back later and look again!

Clink cashed my check today as well, so I will have 4 slabs from them soon enough as well. Two of the same Defenders though, 6.0 and 6.5!

spoony spoon spoon spoony spoon

Edited by Bird

I have my eye on 2 slabs in the VCC set to open in a few minutes. I hope I can get them, they would look nice on the shelf next to the ones I have already.

I am definitely going to be on the lookout for some more Inhumans slabs. I think they have great covers, hopefully if I wait and play it right I can get a few more without breaking the bank.

Okay, I was able to get those two slabs at the VCC! w00t w00t!

I also set up a booth on page 5 of the VCC found here on the cgc boards and just now reduced prices significantly on many pieces. Take a look, I may even trade for your slabs if you have some of the ones I want (list earlier in this thread).

Edited by Bird

WOW! Huge deal, huge trade! The two slabs at VCC turned into a bit more than that and now I have a sealed deal on a trade that will almost double my slab collection for some OA. AND ALL FROM ONE TITLE!

I will post pictures when they are in hand. It is gonna be Christmas in February in Bird's nest!

I have more slabs not in my house than I do in the house! 11 here and 15 ordered/on the way!

All I can say is Congrat and Dang., you really went all in and fast . Your now more a comic collector then OA guy. You got more slabs then me now. (I only have like 15 ish) . Cool to see ya having a good time at it too. Again congrats on the deal and cant wait to see the pics.

All I can say is Congrat and Dang., you really went all in and fast . Your now more a comic collector then OA guy. You got more slabs then me now. (I only have like 15 ish) . Cool to see ya having a good time at it too. Again congrats on the deal and cant wait to see the pics.

No, I am an OA guy through and through. The ten slabs will sit on the wall under a page from the series that cost about 10x what those slabs cost! I have over $25K in OA framed on the walls in all likelihood, so it would take a while before the slabs could catch up.

Thanks though, yes I am all in. The thing is, I wanted to sell that art and he wanted to sell his slabs and we probably both think it is easier to sell the thing we want rather than the thing we have.

And I am enjoying the slabs immensely.

Just don't get hooked on pedigree books my friend.... that stuff is like crack

Well, I don't even know what that means and don't feel any desire to be a crackhead. Crackish, yes.

But if it means getting every BWS cover comic in 9.8 or better, yeah ...I am doing that.

(Just kidding!)

Okay, I traded some art (bought specifically for trading and possibly PIF) for this slab so here it is on the wall.

B9gqdPjIAAAuyD6.jpg

I never thought one way or another about that sliver or light that escapes the blinds until putting my slabs on the shelf. That sliver travels about 1.5 feet between those slabs along the ridge of that shelf as the sun goes down. The wife in under strict orders to get the shades up and she just took my specifications for installation. It is good to have a partner, I can't sew for spoon.

Here it is up close.

B9gqdOGIEAE4fyh.jpg

These slabs will likely be displayed on the top closet shelf when my MCP slabs come. Once everything ordered arrives I will have too many for my display area, at least until I clean out some sports memorabilia to may more room. Once the shades hit this weekend the shelf will get fuller and I will throw some pictures up.

For the first time I bought 4 slabs from comiclink - the auction that ended on 1/26. I paid by check; the check was cashed - any idea of what the time frame is at this point until I get them? I may have gotten two copies of the same Defenders issue, but I still want them in hand.

Cool thread! Just looked at it and enjoyed watching the slab collection come together! I see a lot of New Jersey people posting in here. Where in NJ are you guys from? I lived in Hoboken my whole life....but just moved to Lake Hopatcong. Not sure if I like it yet. Big change that I am kinda regretting doing. :(

Keep them slabs coming!

Your right I did not even notice but alot of Jersians in this thread. Wow moving from Hoboken to Lake Hopatcong is a big move. Also far out in Nj , I believe near Delaware ? Must be a drive to work now. Myself I live in Monmouth County / Central Nj , old bridge section .

My wife grew up in Lake Hopatcong, small world. Dacotah Drive. We live in Middlesex near Rutgers now.

spidervacc, I am well acquainted with Old Bridge. My condolences as well.

;-)