• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swamp Thing Rulz the Copper Age!
7 7

317 posts in this topic

God, such a great thread.....I missed the boat on swampy off the racks, but just earlier this year picked up a collection that contained about 40 issues from the beginning of Moore up through the 60-something. I bought them cheap, pulled the 25 and 37 to keep, and flipped the rest for 5x what I paid. But I flipped through one before selling and then read the run non-stop before parting with them. I was so blown away by the entire series; might be the only thing I sold this year that I miss. At the time, I was liquidatiing stuff for an All-Winners #3 that a guy was holding for me. If not for that, I may well have decided to keep them. But I'll likely reassemble a reading run at some point.

Thinking back, I dunno how I missed the boat on this when it was new. I did buy #50 and annual #2 off the racks, just because the covers looked interesting. Both moved immediately into my short box of permanent readers and remain there. Yet I did not turn to the regular series....and I have to say that having read that 40-book run, #50 is even more enjoyable in that context that I now have.

Also, I know this is a copper thread, but since it is a swamp thing thread I also want to express my love for HOS #92. If Hulk 181 is the AF15 of bronze, this is the Astonish #27. Took me years to find and acquire an acceptable copy via the in-person, LCS route.

On 1/20/2018 at 7:18 PM, darkstar said:

and still the most undervalued comic from the copper age.

Shhh, keep it under your hat, I want to buy a few more. :baiting: