• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swamp Thing Rulz the Copper Age!
7 7

317 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, rgtichy said:

Always liked the vampire town underwater!  When "O' Brother Where Art Thou?" came out this was my reference point to the TVA flooding event!

I always thought that was a cool idea too.  DC just reprinted it in an absolute edition that's recolored.  I've really enjoyed rereading it.

Just now, rgtichy said:

Was that one of the early flexographic color jobs?  Those were pretty garish for a while, while the colorists adapted...

No, thank goodness.  Do you remember the coloring on the original Swamp Annual #2?  It hurts your eyes to look at it.  They toned down the colors a lot in the new collections.

Any fans of the movie out there?  I was seven when it came out and I thought it was a good as Star Wars when I first saw it.  Hahhahhhhahhh!  It stars Leland Palmer of Twin Peaks as Alec Holland.  I tried rewatching it not too long ago and could only get through about 15 minutes before I had lost interest.

Swamp Thing vol. 2 #002 a.jpg

Z Swamp Thing Annual #1.jpg

Edited by Jasonmorris1000000

Anyone have a color variation of 49 like this? I have had maybe 8 copies and seen dozens more over the years, they have all been the more olive green version. This deep green cover looks almost like a mushroom trip in comparison . I am sure it’s just super saturated inks, just curious if there are other out there.

DB171C34-C672-4C0C-BE7D-4ADBD1C889A2.jpeg

18 hours ago, shiverbones said:

Anyone have a color variation of 49 like this? I have had maybe 8 copies and seen dozens more over the years, they have all been the more olive green version. This deep green cover looks almost like a mushroom trip in comparison . I am sure it’s just super saturated inks, just curious if there are other out there.

DB171C34-C672-4C0C-BE7D-4ADBD1C889A2.jpeg

The color green on Swampy is also different for these two that I own.  By the way:  does anyone know the newsstand date for House of Secrets #92.  Swamp Thing turns 50 this year and I don't know his birthday.

Swamp Thing vol. 2 #016 a.jpg

Swamp Thing vol. 2 #016 c.jpg

Edited by Jasonmorris1000000

I missed the first few of the Moore, Bissette, Totelben  run ... but I was hooked almost instantly. This issue is one that really got my attention. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Sw 34 ... CGC 9.6SS.jpg

Edited by jimjum12