• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Descender #1 Image Comics March 2015

470 posts in this topic

Descender" debuted from Image in March 2015, but a film deal was announced about a month before that, in what was described as a "competitive situation," with Sony Pictures landing the rights. "Descender" tells the story of TIM-21, a lifelike artificial boy whose machine DNA may hold the key to the origin of robots that have decimated entire planets -- making him the most wanted robot in the universe.

Lemire and Nguyen will serve as executive producers on the "Descender" film; Immersive Pictures' Josh Bratman will produce.

:banana:

So I've decided to drop Descender. I really want to like it, but I just don't look forward to reading it each month. And (don't shoot me) I don't like the art.

Not sure that I've ever come across a book or artist so resoundingly praised that I don't enjoy.

:/

I'm back in the hobby after being out a couple of years. This is one series I'm compelled to catch up on. Love both the story and the art.

Me too (thumbs u

My son and I read this one together!

It's ok...not everyone can have good taste :P

:sorry:

Haha. Like I said, I really wanted to like it. I pressed on for about six more issues then I wanted to, it just hasn't grabbed me. I hope it continues to do well though. Might try again and read it in trades in a few years.

So I've decided to drop Descender. I really want to like it, but I just don't look forward to reading it each month. And (don't shoot me) I don't like the art.

Not sure that I've ever come across a book or artist so resoundingly praised that I don't enjoy.

:/

As a HUGE Lemire fan, I have to also say this isn't my favorite of his works. I'm not to the point where I am thinking of dropping it, but I agree it's not quite as gripping as his work usually is for me.

I really enjoy the art, for what is there. Sometimes the overall lack of background can leave something to be desired though. Makes it a little harder for settings to feel immersive.