• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DAREDEVIL #1 CLUB
15 15

940 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

I don't know who in their right mind could put up a listing like that with so little info in the description.  Whatever this is, it needs some serious explaining for anyone to consider buying it.  At a minimum, that would mean details about the book's publisher and publication date, whether the whole thing is in black and white, whether it's an actual reprint of DD #1 as we know it, and whether it's complete.  I mean, right off the bat, are we looking at a cover (there's no price on it) or are we looking at the splash page of a coverless book?

Seeing something interesting going on with DD1. I'm not seeing the entry level 2.5 -3.5 graded books available on ebay. I have been watching to see if at least the $$$ trend is up and based on the lower grades <2.0 it seems so. I bought mine on the higher side at the time right at the recent uptick beginning with the feeling it will keep climbing thereby pricing me out. What I could afford and presentation/flaws were my consideration factors. I am happy with my decision but find it odd the 2.5 - 3.5 grades are pretty much a no show. What's your thoughts. Dealers holding out? Collectors holding on?

Edited by The Man Without Beer

51 minutes ago, PKJ said:

There are 5 copies on CL right now, 8.5 down to 2.0 SS. 

Ebay is falling way back in market share in my opinion. Instagram moves more copies daily now. 

Im curious how selling on instagram works too......Do you need to build up a history/reputation before you can sell at decent prices......are there any protections for buyers and sellers, and what are people's preferred method of payment? Throwing these questions out there if anyone feels like chiming in, thanks

16 minutes ago, DCman said:

Im curious how selling on instagram works too......Do you need to build up a history/reputation before you can sell at decent prices......are there any protections for buyers and sellers, and what are people's preferred method of payment? Throwing these questions out there if anyone feels like chiming in, thanks

I am no expert by far but due to the fee's taxes etc I started looking at other venues for buying books over 3-5K since we don't have shows.

Each user is different but there are some sellers (several on here) who sell on IG. They have decent followers and list and sell pretty quick. Most users, new or old, use hashtags so you can search by certain ones like #dd1 or #dd1forsale or #comicsforsale, from there you will see all the postings. I have sold Gi Joe toys and graded sports cards as there are huge followings for both. I don't have a ton of followers but the items sell pretty much immediately at market price. I myself do paypal G/S or cash options, most pay with G/S though, you can ask the fee's be covered there without risk of being shut down like in other places.

There are some dealers with huge followings and those who do a great job with live auctions, elitecomics is one that has a pretty good system where they partner with other dealers and do split screen live auctions. Those tend to offer all sorts of items, but I have seen several DD1's sell in live auctions for around Market, sometimes below and sometimes slightly higher. When they are listed well above market they do not move and people usually offer around market. IG reaches far more people and I think one of the things happening is it is easy to justify the hobby there. I see  people getting into the hobby and pulling up posts tagging their wives basically sharing what items sell for. My wife is only worried about how much she can sell stuff for when I die, not what I am spending, thats a joke.

I will let others share their thoughts but I did get into a little debate on FB with another user who was adamant ebay was the rule of the world in regards to market and just could not believe sales happen in other venues, although he was arguing on a FB site that has sales daily so go figure. 

Edited by PKJ

1 hour ago, PKJ said:

I am no expert by far but due to the fee's taxes etc I started looking at other venues for buying books over 3-5K since we don't have shows.

Each user is different but there are some sellers (several on here) who sell on IG. They have decent followers and list and sell pretty quick. Most users, new or old, use hashtags so you can search by certain ones like #dd1 or #dd1forsale or #comicsforsale, from there you will see all the postings. I have sold Gi Joe toys and graded sports cards as there are huge followings for both. I don't have a ton of followers but the items sell pretty much immediately at market price. I myself do paypal G/S or cash options, most pay with G/S though, you can ask the fee's be covered there without risk of being shut down like in other places.

There are some dealers with huge followings and those who do a great job with live auctions, elitecomics is one that has a pretty good system where they partner with other dealers and do split screen live auctions. Those tend to offer all sorts of items, but I have seen several DD1's sell in live auctions for around Market, sometimes below and sometimes slightly higher. When they are listed well above market they do not move and people usually offer around market. IG reaches far more people and I think one of the things happening is it is easy to justify the hobby there. I see  people getting into the hobby and pulling up posts tagging their wives basically sharing what items sell for. My wife is only worried about how much she can sell stuff for when I die, not what I am spending, thats a joke.

I will let others share their thoughts but I did get into a little debate on FB with another user who was adamant ebay was the rule of the world in regards to market and just could not believe sales happen in other venues, although he was arguing on a FB site that has sales daily so go figure. 

great post thanks......i was just trying to figure out if i joined IG today and listed a DD1 on my page for sale, how would i attract potential buyers.....I know i sound like a total newbee, and I admit i am when it comes to IG an FB selling.

On 2/16/2021 at 2:25 PM, DCman said:

great post thanks......i was just trying to figure out if i joined IG today and listed a DD1 on my page for sale, how would i attract potential buyers.....I know i sound like a total newbee, and I admit i am when it comes to IG an FB selling.

Yeah it is a new world, a boardie just posted another copy of DD1 on IG, making three straight days of him posting a copy available.

16 hours ago, The Man Without Beer said:

GoCollect finally updated the DD1 to be more in line with actual pricing. Very substantial uptick. Still a little under imo.

Agreed. Covid is impacting prices on a lot of high-end keys - will be interesting to see whether it holds after the world returns to normal.