• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DAREDEVIL #1 CLUB
15 15

940 posts in this topic

LOL, I wish. Have any of these $100k+ DD #1 9.6s been registered by anyone? I am guessing that DD #1 9.6 has become the comic equivalent of Game Stop, none of the buyers are comic collectors. it would be interesting to see whether the prices stay this high or it’s just a COVID bubble. 

All I know is that I am kicking myself that I did not just buy one at $40k last year instead of trying to get one down to $35k. 

2 hours ago, wallstreetrebel said:

LOL, I wish. Have any of these $100k+ DD #1 9.6s been registered by anyone? I am guessing that DD #1 9.6 has become the comic equivalent of Game Stop, none of the buyers are comic collectors. it would be interesting to see whether the prices stay this high or it’s just a COVID bubble. 

All I know is that I am kicking myself that I did not just buy one at $40k last year instead of trying to get one down to $35k. 

Wow ... your first post here!  I would say welcome to the boards but you're already a legend over in the CGC registry.  (thumbsu

41 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

ComicConnect just sold 1 of the 2 DD1 9.8 for 250K

166266065_757405498249921_68587766107358

I hate being "that guy" who's going to talk down a book, so my apologies ... but all that reddish brown in the white areas is having a major impact on the eye appeal of this book.  Normally I would never accept that in a 9.6, much less a 9.8.

5 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I hate being "that guy" who's going to talk down a book, so my apologies ... but all that reddish brown in the white areas is having a major impact on the eye appeal of this book.  Normally I would never accept that in a 9.6, much less a 9.8.

It doesn't look like a high-quality scan...I wonder if the book looks much nicer in hand?

Edited by silverseeker
Minor tweak.

5 hours ago, pmWolf said:

I just want to show off mine...the nicest 1.0 in history. : ) 

And, I can't get it re-graded, since it is SS by Stan. 

1617050921520-665678cb-5d79-46ac-9e08-b771f8709e95.thumb.jpg.bbefece3dd0906bbd8f16b9fff7cfefa.jpg

So why is this a 1.0? What do the grader’s notes say?

6 hours ago, pmWolf said:

I just want to show off mine...the nicest 1.0 in history. : ) 

And, I can't get it re-graded, since it is SS by Stan. 

That is one hell of a good looking 1.0 . When a lower grade presents much higher you have a winner on your hand. My 2.5 presents better than some 3.5's I've seen and your looks better than mine.

10 hours ago, JohnH19 said:

So why is this a 1.0? What do the grader’s notes say?

Chunk out of the back....but nothing ridiculous. (probably 1" V-shaped tear at the top back cover that comes down a little over an inch. I can't find a pic right now). Anyhow, I still think it is unfairly hammered on it...

9 minutes ago, pmWolf said:

Chunk out of the back....but nothing ridiculous. (probably 1" V-shaped tear at the top back cover that comes down a little over an inch. I can't find a pic right now). Anyhow, I still think it is unfairly hammered on it...

Honestly, from the front I would have guessed at least a 4.0.  If you paid a 1.0 price then you did VERY well.

1 hour ago, pmWolf said:

No reason why you can't send it in for regrading, just check the graders notes beforehand.