• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DAREDEVIL #1 CLUB
15 15

940 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

^^^ Very nice copy with bright whites and bold colors.  Congrats!

Thanks yeah I feel like I got lucky - I also grabbed an ASM6 from the same collection and it’s colors are also bright - probably helped that they were in an attic not being displayed for decades 

On 1/7/2018 at 4:03 PM, Robo99 said:

Here’s my ticket to the club. My LCS had an older guy come in with a box of silver age keys that had sat in a box in his attic - they acquired them and  they gave me a good deal on this DD1 - all complete with no restoration- I’m very happy with it. 

C2797A98-029C-475F-9717-8C9A9F4EEA71.jpeg

Nice looking copy

15 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

Not too shabby.

HG DD #1 is on the uptick ...

I imagine the pedigree had at least a little to do with this sale, but not going to claim much. I'd say a normal 9.0 is definitely in the $8K and up range still.

On 1/24/2018 at 10:51 AM, Mr bla bla said:
On 1/23/2018 at 11:30 PM, rob_react said:

Not too shabby.

HG DD #1 is on the uptick ...

As a general rule of thumb, Fantucchio copies fetch strong numbers across the board.

The DD #7 9.2 ended at roughly where I thought it was going to end (I was thinking $4500)

57 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

As a general rule of thumb, Fantucchio copies fetch strong numbers across the board.

The DD #7 9.2 ended at roughly where I thought it was going to end (I was thinking $4500)

Yeah, some were pretty strong. That DD7 was around 2x the last DD7 CGC 9.2 in GPA (owned by some knucklehead :insane:

I won the 47 at $275 which is more than 2x the last regular 9.4.

The Tales of Suspense (which I also chased) run was also pretty strong. Seems like people are responding to that pedigree.

5 hours ago, rob_react said:

Yeah, some were pretty strong. That DD7 was around 2x the last DD7 CGC 9.2 in GPA (owned by some knucklehead :insane:

In my experience, DD #7 was previously a $4500 book in 9.2 and it slacked off a bit for a few years. It happens.

The $33K 9.6 sale probably woke a few people up.

36 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

In my experience, DD #7 was previously a $4500 book in 9.2 and it slacked off a bit for a few years. It happens.

The $33K 9.6 sale probably woke a few people up.

Yeah, it seems like a reminder of just how tough that book really is. 

3 minutes ago, Harley Troy said:

:whatthe:

I was pretty shocked at what that 8.5 closed at on EBay last night! Not mine, but pretty strong finish!

$7363

That's a strong 8.5 price, for sure. Makes a 9,000 9.0 look like a bargain :insane:

3 hours ago, rob_react said:
3 hours ago, Harley Troy said:

I was pretty shocked at what that 8.5 closed at on EBay last night! Not mine, but pretty strong finish!

$7363

That's a strong 8.5 price, for sure. Makes a 9,000 9.0 look like a bargain :insane:

I question whether the 8.5 was upgradeable.

It looked exceptionally nice from what I could see (I understand they were poor pics).

Did anyone get grading notes?

On 12/8/2017 at 4:58 AM, exitmusicblue said:

A very different copy... but mine all the same. lol Traded a couple Uncanny X-Men 266 slabs for this baby (including a MJ variant), would do it again all day any day.

9BAA470A-A079-4C61-A6C7-28BFFCE11612.thumb.jpeg.21bb61982b9a80edda907566d29feb91.jpeg

Looks exactly like my old copy!  Did you get this from one of the Trade Fest guys?

13 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Yessir, Angelo !  I think I saw my ol' X-Men 1 CGC 2.0 that I traded during a tradefest floating around here too, did you post it in the Buy/Sell section?  : )

That's awesome!  Yeah...I had it up for bit...then traded it, locally.

:)