• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

29! by willybaum

5 posts in this topic

My DC Comics Bicentennial collection nears its completion!

Yay!

Finally scored a CGC comic (Unexpected #174) via auction for my collection of DC Comics Bicentennial set. Haven't seen any of my needed issues on auction for several years.

Out of 33 comics in the set, I was at 25 issues with 4 high-grade raw comics currently under grading by CGC so that gives me 29.

And I also picked up a high-grade raw copy of Claw #8.

Now I only need to find Our Fighting Forces #168 and Weird War Tales #47 in either high-grade raw or CGC and my primary collection will be complete: 33 comics, all CGC 9.0+ and none worse than off-white pages.

Can't wait to see what my four at CGC will achieve!

16323.jpg

See more journals by willybaum

I really like this idea for a set...reminds me of bagofleas Marvel 25th Anniversary Covers set, or even my X-men the Missing Years set. Love seeing the different covers from various titles during the same time period all in one set with a common theme. To me that is much more fun that collecting 1-100 or whatever of all the same title.

Congrats on your recent addition and I'm sure it won't be long now until you've got the complete set!