• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicBookRealm.com vs. ComicsPriceGuide.com

10 posts in this topic

So there is obviously GPA and also the eBay "sold" issues. Other than these 2 options and the well known Overstreet Price Guide which should go without saying. I have also looked at ComicsPriceGuide and ComicBookRealm to get an idea of what an issue is going for. Regarding these 2, which one have you personally used and which one do you prefer, or is more realistic.

I don't sell comics so I can't really validate a reason to purchase GPA.

Thanks for the opinions!

CPG is not that accurate, overall. I can't say for CBR, but CPG can be laughable.

Also, Overstreet is for "raw" books, and GPA is for graded comics. If you are selling graded comics, it's worth the $10/month fee for GPA, even if you only use it for one month.

:)

-slym

I use neither. Wasn't there someone that came on here with a site that was supposed to pull data from several auction sites for raw and slabbed?

yeah-- he had some app that was in its infancy so it was not quite perfect yet-- so of course people ran him off the boards like a leper.

I use neither. Wasn't there someone that came on here with a site that was supposed to pull data from several auction sites for raw and slabbed?

yeah-- he had some app that was in its infancy so it was not quite perfect yet-- so of course people ran him off the boards like a leper.

No, not that guy. This was earlier last year some time. It was a website. And now, as I type this I remember: gocollect.com

Both are horrible and not even worth hitting the website.

I know they are not ideal in terms of valuation of your collection or looking up prices that are realistic. But as a semi-free repository for my collection list, it has been quite useful. I have created numerous lists beyond just the Master file so that I can separate out books by publisher or genre, ones I have sold * (spoiler footnote), ones currently on ebay, specific ones I am constantly looking at etc. One thing you need to understand if you decide to use CBR (and I found this out in their forums) is that the lists only work properly (all features etc) when they are 100 or less books.

So I put most of my Marvel super hero in the master list. I have a list for my Thor's and Captain America, one for Horror and westerns, one for DCs, ebay sold, ebay for sale, various smaller comic reader lots that I sold. I have about 10 lists.

One other thing that may be overlooked about the CBR site is that it is very helpful in terms of cover scans and some other information. It doesn't have everything but it sure has helped me figure some stuff out fairly quickly.

(a major feature lacking and asked for repeatedly is being able track your sold books but NOT having them count as part of your overall valuation of the collection. The main reason why this feature wasn't added and probably won't be is that the guys running the site don't think keeping track of that is important "once it is sold, I just delete it". Well good for you-- that works for you-- what about other people? I mean-- it is not like we are asking for the moon- one simple toggle field (count this toward total? yes/no default to yes) with a small amount of database coding beyond that -- not rocket science. But nope-- it will not be added. It is the biggest knock I have with the site-- but it is theirs.)