• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sandman V2 #1 & #8 Appreciation Thread: "Don't wake me, I'm dreaming!!!"
3 3

390 posts in this topic

I've owned several copies of this book over the years. I ran into this copy at my LCS yesterday, figured it was time to own it again. Not a perfect copy, but good enough for my purposes. God, always loved that cover.

25ui2pf.jpg

Didn't really know where else to post this, so here is as good as any...

A week ago, I decided it was time for a re-read. Haven't read it in at least 5+ years (probably longer than that, although I know I've read Seasons of Mist arc in the past 5 yrs). I'm a few issues into the 3rd Trade (Dream Country; a collection of "one offs" between Dolls House & Seasons). Almost forgot how good it really is. The ideas are so big. It's really been enjoyable to peak back inside the mind of Gaiman.

One thing that has stuck with me over the years as well, and I'm saying this being more of a "writer guy", is the artwork. Normally, an ever-changing stable of artists would be a detriment to the overall story/narrative. The variety of artists that were employed (from early on) only enhance the story.

"I will show you fear in a handful of dust..."

I will always remember that adline from the pre-release house ads DC ran. Just made me really want to read that book! And it delivered :D

Edited by Cimm

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but Graphitti Designs has a new set of signed and remarqued gallery editions of Sandman by Sam Kieth up for sale. The regular unsigned gallery edition was available for sale at NYCC.

Link for the lazy for the Kieth remarqued edition ($600!) - http://www.graphittidesigns.com/shop/THE-SANDMAN-Gallery-Edition-Kieth-Remarqued-Edition-GESANDsk11.html

I don't work for GD but would love to see if anyone else plans to grab one and show off the remarques.

I know the feeling :( :( ....

Normally, these sort of things don't even phase me. $600 for a book like this is just silly.

But Sam Kieth sketch? Signed and numbered? Limited to 10? Signed by Neil?

I sit here, and actually consider it, seriously.

Sigh.

I know the feeling :( :( ....

Normally, these sort of things don't even phase me. $600 for a book like this is just silly.

But Sam Kieth sketch? Signed and numbered? Limited to 10? Signed by Neil?

I sit here, and actually consider it, seriously.

Sigh.

:gossip:

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that's a cracked-out CGC 9.4 copy that was regraded by PGX - I saw the PGX guy buy it at a show last year (I looked at the book too). It was a solid 9.4, but definitely not a 9.8.