• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sandman V2 #1 & #8 Appreciation Thread: "Don't wake me, I'm dreaming!!!"
3 3

390 posts in this topic

Here's my copy that I thought I would share. Picked it up at a garage sale last year. It was the only one of the Sandman books that was in a bag & board. Issues were 1 - 10 with a couple missing. Sadly no #8. Can't believe I waited so long to send this in. Was ecstatic when I found out it hit 9.8 :cloud9:(thumbs u

So.....

I've not been on the groups long, nor have I posted all that frequently and I'm certainly not an expert but I am proud to finally put this up here.

One for the boardies!

29ckx9c.jpg

I now have no money.... :ohnoez:

Maybe I should've bought a scanner first?!

Nice! Welcome to the Land of Dreams! (thumbs u

Hopefully, I can upgrade my 9.6 to a 9.8 someday. :wishluck:

One of the only 7, 9.8 graded copies of the #8 editorial variant is up for bids on Heritage right now and is already at $5200+.  Wonder where this might end up:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/sandman-8-editorial-variant-dc-1989-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7169-92221.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

-J.

12 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

One of the only 7, 9.8 graded copies of the #8 editorial variant is up for bids on Heritage right now and is already at $5200+.  Wonder where this might end up:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/sandman-8-editorial-variant-dc-1989-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7169-92221.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

-J.

Ended at just under $6k. :whatthe:

-J.

I have a PGX 9.8 that my very best friend gifted to me awhile back. I'm considering cracking and submitting for a proper cgc designation. I'll get some scans posted soon, I'd like to get your opinions on whether to press etc. Being a gift, I love it as is. It is a beautiful book.

On 12/16/2017 at 12:21 AM, BillCutting said:

I have a PGX 9.8 that my very best friend gifted to me awhile back. I'm considering cracking and submitting for a proper cgc designation. I'll get some scans posted soon, I'd like to get your opinions on whether to press etc. Being a gift, I love it as is. It is a beautiful book.

crack that out!  

RISE!!!

With the news of the prestige  Sandman show hitting Netflix, it is high time to bring this thread back.

And wow, prices of these books have certainly immediately skyrocketed since the news dropped.  :whatthe:

'Bout damn time prices of this book better reflected its top of the line quality.  :sumo:

Everybody still have their copies, right ? :shy:

-J.