• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sandman V2 #1 & #8 Appreciation Thread: "Don't wake me, I'm dreaming!!!"
3 3

390 posts in this topic

Jaja, I actually found the clarification from Gemma and I was correct, nothing newer than 1985. Don't worry, they can't take your pedigree 'back'. I think it's cool that you may have the only 'Modern' pedigree on census.

1985 is our current cut-off year for Pedigrees. Any newer comics will not receive a pedigree designation.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=25&Number=5751082&Searchpage=1&Main=256421&Words=%26quot%3BPedigree%26quot%3B+Gemma&topic=0&Search=true#Post5751082

Edited by bomber-bob

Here's mine, one of my favorite series of all time, and one of my favorite writers of all time, even outside of comics. Two pride and joys of my collection:

scan0045_zpsewsq0zte.jpg

scan0119_zps46c41839.jpg

And good luck on your grade at CGC jaja, got my :wishluck: for ya!!

So did CGC eventually give you that Mass pedigree distinction on those books after your inquiry or did you just let it ride? (shrug)

No. I thought it was a mistake as I had all the paperwork correct but they told me they would not acknowledge any pedigree after 1984,1985, something like that. I may be wrong but years ago I thought Gemma responded to an ASK CGC question and gave the same answer. BTW, I think the Savannah on the label of your book does make it 'stand out' from other 9.8's. In fact, you may have the only pedigree copy on the census ?

Wow! I never knew that there was a cutoff year/age for pedigree books to earn that distinction. :o Thanks for the info Bob. (thumbs u Your always a great source for intelligence within our genre. (worship)

hm If my copy is the only pedigree copy, that is pretty unique in it's own right. :acclaim: I know some collectors don't care much for pedigree comic books, but I think having that history behind a certain collection/book gives it more 'personality'. ;) I currently own a total of 6 pedigree/collection comic books. (thumbs u

Jaja, I actually found the clarification from Gemma and I was correct, nothing newer than 1985. Don't worry, they can't take your pedigree 'back'. I think it's cool that you may have the only 'Modern' pedigree on census.

1985 is our current cut-off year for Pedigrees. Any newer comics will not receive a pedigree designation.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=25&Number=5751082&Searchpage=1&Main=256421&Words=%26quot%3BPedigree%26quot%3B+Gemma&topic=0&Search=true#Post5751082

Okay thanks for the link Bob. I'll check it out! (thumbs u

Here's mine, one of my favorite series of all time, and one of my favorite writers of all time, even outside of comics. Two pride and joys of my collection:

scan0045_zpsewsq0zte.jpg

scan0119_zps46c41839.jpg

And good luck on your grade at CGC jaja, got my :wishluck: for ya!!

Finally some SS! :applause::whee:

Awesome copies Kapzilla from this great series! Especially the Karen Berger SS copy! (worship)

Do Gaiman, McKean & company still do sigs? hm

Yeah, I'm hoping on a nice grade for my Karen Berger copy. It took forever to find one for the right price. :pullhair: I'll be happier when I get it back, depending on the grade that is. :wishluck:;)

I love 1 and 8. But I love 13 and 17 and 19 and 22 and . . . even more. :)

13 is my favorite in the run. And one of the best single issues of any series ever written.

I didn't start reading until issue 4 or so. Then I scurried and got caught up on the back issues. But from 13 through Calliope, the Element Girl story, and the Dream of 1000 Cats, I knew it was unlike anything that had ever been done. Nothing has ever come close to knocking Sandman off its #1 lifetime Fingh achievement award status.

JaJa, CGC responded to my question if the 1985 cutoff is still applicable......

CGC makes some exceptions for key books. Like Sandman 1 Amazing Spider-Man 300, etc.

I won't be happy until I have an SS copy of #8 variant signed by Berger.

:luhv:

What are you going to do? Crack out one of the slabbed ones already and resub for SS?

The slabbed copies are the only ones in existence. ;)

I won't be happy until I have an SS copy of #8 variant signed by Berger.

:luhv:

What are you going to do? Crack out one of the slabbed ones already and resub for SS?

The slabbed copies are the only ones in existence. ;)

And there's only 4 of them, right...?

hm

Here's the only scan I have handy...

#8 Berger variant; 9.6:

Sandman8Ed_96_zpsa377b45e.jpg

I also have a #1 CGC 9.8 as well as another #1 signed by Gaiman and Kieth.

And I have another #8 variant raw, signed by Gaiman.

So I have 1/2 the copies in existence?!? :baiting:

JaJa, CGC responded to my question if the 1985 cutoff is still applicable......

CGC makes some exceptions for key books. Like Sandman 1 Amazing Spider-Man 300, etc.

Okay Bob, thanks buddy! (thumbs u That makes sense then. :)

Here's the only scan I have handy...

#8 Berger variant; 9.6:

Sandman8Ed_96_zpsa377b45e.jpg

I also have a #1 CGC 9.8 as well as another #1 signed by Gaiman and Kieth.

And I have another #8 variant raw, signed by Gaiman.

So I have 1/2 the copies in existence?!? :baiting:

Why you be trying to hoard those things like that? (tsk)

You must share the wealth! :P

Nice to see all these great copies in one place!

Here's my pair: :cloud9:

Sandman1_zpsed57316c.jpg

Sandman8_zps55432f87.jpg

-J.

lol It's about time you slacker! :baiting::P

Trying to hold out on us! ;)

lol Had scanner trouble for the #1. Glad you started the thread though it was long overdue.

I'm wondering if we'll see one of the 3, 9.8 editorial variants on here. hm

Neat pedigree #1 you have there by the way. (thumbs u

-J.