• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sandman V2 #1 & #8 Appreciation Thread: "Don't wake me, I'm dreaming!!!"
3 3

390 posts in this topic

I didn't think that HA sold this particular book very well. The listing itself might have had the census correct but it had the GPA sales completely wrong. They listed the normal version prices. So I am sure some collectors were even wondering why it was at $1100 when the GPA was what...$200 or so? And to go even higher would have been even crazier. Though I guess the few people who really want this don't really even need to read the details of the auction.

But even the live auction was bad. They didn't mention it was the variant nor that it is the only time that HA has even sold one of these. It was auctioned as just a Sandman #8. I was not a fan of the woman auctioneer. I thought the guy was a lot better. It would be curious to see which one of those auctioneers brings in more money above expectations for a book.

I am still waiting for mine to come back from CGC. I am expecting 9.6 and hoping for 9.8. Wife just might force me to sell it. I might cry.... :(

Did you submit one with an "un-witnessed" signature on the cover or something to that effect?

-J.

I was standing in the post office, trying to mail books for a client off to Lonestar, getting ready to drive to Phoenix for the con, and my phone rings...Heritage calling me to see if I wanted to phone bid.

When they called, it was at $1100 (I pushed it up to $1000 several weeks ago). I said "$1300", and it was immediately at $1500...I told the guy I was out.

:D

$3300+ is a jaw dropping price. Not $4,000....but close enough.

I didn't think that HA sold this particular book very well. The listing itself might have had the census correct but it had the GPA sales completely wrong. They listed the normal version prices. So I am sure some collectors were even wondering why it was at $1100 when the GPA was what...$200 or so? And to go even higher would have been even crazier. Though I guess the few people who really want this don't really even need to read the details of the auction.

But even the live auction was bad. They didn't mention it was the variant nor that it is the only time that HA has even sold one of these. It was auctioned as just a Sandman #8. I was not a fan of the woman auctioneer. I thought the guy was a lot better. It would be curious to see which one of those auctioneers brings in more money above expectations for a book.

I am still waiting for mine to come back from CGC. I am expecting 9.6 and hoping for 9.8. Wife just might force me to sell it. I might cry.... :(

Heritage doesn't understand Coppers and Moderns, which is why they underperform there.

I was at Ed's booth on Friday, and Lon Allen, who is the consignment director for Heritage, was going through Ed's books. He doesn't know me, and I decided not to bug him, but I considered it.

lol

I was going to go for that book if it somehow remained around $2k. Ahhh pipe dreams.... :insane:

lol I was willing to go as high as $2.5K buddy. Maybe I will take the plunge on the next 9.8 to upgrade. hm (thumbs u

Only 5, 9.8's on the census (out of 40 total copies), you may be waiting awhile (and I doubt the next one goes for less than $4k, or is on heritage). lol

-J.

That may be true, but all I have to do is sell my 9.6 copy to compensate. :P At that new price we may see more copies pop up on the census soon. hm(shrug)

Sandman 4 is getting expensive, I'm trying to complete a Sandman run from 1-10 all in 9.8, Missing 2-5, 9 and 10.

Asking prices are getting expensive but no one is paying them. As long as #1 and #8 can be had for a few hundred dollars in a 9.8, #4 is at best a $200 book. (thumbs u

-J.

Sandman 4 is getting expensive, I'm trying to complete a Sandman run from 1-10 all in 9.8, Missing 2-5, 9 and 10.

Asking prices are getting expensive but no one is paying them. As long as #1 and #8 can be had for a few hundred dollars in a 9.8, #4 is at best a $200 book. (thumbs u

-J.

It's Lucifer TV show speculation. I had a ton of hits on my copy when the show was announced.

-J.

It's Lucifer TV show speculation. I had a ton of hits on my copy when the show was announced.

I hear the show is nothing like the comic or the character. doh!

-J.

-J.

Yeah, these clowns that sell on MCS are asking insane prices.