• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who want's to buy my collection?

160 posts in this topic

Some old ladies will can betty and veronica cause their skirts are too short

man old people whine about everything I could only imagine what they did when they were young

Personally I think young people are cry babies,who wouldn't know a solid hard days work.

And that's why they're the best people to give free stuff to

Who comes on here and says "please buy my stuff,or I'll just throw it away"? (shrug)

It just seems so rediculous to me. doh!

What's your ultimate goal with this thread? Did you want us to feel sorry for you,so we would buy your stuff?

I don't understand the premise of the thread.

my goal of this thread is to get peoples opinions or interest in the comics I'm selling because my sales threads haven't been working and I don't know why

Seven pages in and we still don't know what comics you're talking about.

The idea of donating to a children's hospital sounds like a great idea but usually turns out bad. They usually can not handle (store/distribute) what they consider large collections (over a hundred books), getting a good receipt for tax purposes is a challenge and at least for my local area they just do not want anything to do with non-monetary donations.

Every six months I donate a ton of drek to goodwill solely for the tax right off. I make a quick itemized list of the number of books and basic conditions. Then i print off the comic donation claim form from H&R Block have them copy the number of books being given on the receipt (attached to my list) and I'm good to go.

I would love to believe that donating books to a hospital would bring a smile to a kids face but the books usually end up in the trash.

lol, I have asked a few times before but you never answered. How many comics are you talking about here? What type? etc.... It is hard to help you when there are essentially no details provided. You have to help us...help you. lol

oh sorry I was on facebook I have about 25-30 comics I'll post a list later in the morning

lol, I have asked a few times before but you never answered. How many comics are you talking about here? What type? etc.... It is hard to help you when there are essentially no details provided. You have to help us...help you. lol

oh sorry I was on facebook I have about 25-30 comics I'll post a list later in the morning

You've got my offer if you want to jump on it. I'm off to bed kiddos.

Serious question, no sarcasm intended, but why can't you take 25-30 comics with you? They would take up very little space unless you meant you are selling them to help with the move.

The idea of donating to a children's hospital sounds like a great idea but usually turns out bad. They usually can not handle (store/distribute) what they consider large collections (over a hundred books), getting a good receipt for tax purposes is a challenge and at least for my local area they just do not want anything to do with non-monetary donations.

Every six months I donate a ton of drek to goodwill solely for the tax right off. I make a quick itemized list of the number of books and basic conditions. Then i print off the comic donation claim form from H&R Block have them copy the number of books being given on the receipt (attached to my list) and I'm good to go.

I would love to believe that donating books to a hospital would bring a smile to a kids face but the books usually end up in the trash.

GOODWILL

no way..

if you knew how little good they do anyone..try a youth group

or an after school program for at risk kids..

much better than goodwill..

Serious question, no sarcasm intended, but why can't you take 25-30 comics with you? They would take up very little space unless you meant you are selling them to help with the move.

I have 200 comics 25 of them are the bigger money ones and 200 are the donald duck comics, technically this will help with the move since my mom can't get a bigger trailer and the higher value comics are slabbed and I'd be scared of them cracking

Ah gotcha! Like someone said, make a list, post it in the sales thread and you will get some bites. Knowing the boards you have already gotten several pm's asking what you have and what you want for them. In the long run, if selling quickly is important, one of those pm buyers may be your best bet.

I have 200 comics 25 of them are the bigger money ones and 200 are the donald duck comics, technically this will help with the move since my mom can't get a bigger trailer and the higher value comics are slabbed and I'd be scared of them cracking

Donald Duck.. :popcorn:

I like me some Unca Scrooge..

Haven't you already posted some of these books in sales threads? If so reduce the prices slowly until they sell. Toss in some of your less thrilling books as freebies. Sell cheaper books in lots. Just keep dropping the prices of everything until someone grabs them.

I'm assuming you're coming to Alberta for a job. Welcome to the province.