• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The My Greatest Adventure 80 Association

37 posts in this topic

Clubs are for children. This is an Association of like-minded folk who realise that My Greatest Adventure 80 might just be the single greatest comic book of all time...or at the very least, just as worthy of a thread dedicated to the assembled images of copies procured throughout the years by people of a certain, shall we say high level of taste who can appreciate things which escape the notice of the average collector ***coughcoughmarvelzombiescoughcough*** as some of the other threads around here.

Show them, and feel the waves of admiration, the burgeoning jealousy and what in all likelihood is a colossal amount of insouciance from those who have not yet seen the light!

This book was a GPA low purchase at the time I bought it, which explains the giddy tone of this post somewhat;

MGA-80-80w-front_zps6a1c5ed3.jpg

So? Who's next?

Yah he offered it to me privately via pm but my son had just been born and I didn't want him to become an orphan, given my wife's potential reaction to that purchase.

I guess I should have made a thread about the first appearance of Mimic or Whirlwind or the Wrecker or some other supremely important character, given the overwhelming interest I find so far

Clubs are for children. This is an Association of like-minded folk who realise that My Greatest Adventure 80 might just be the single greatest comic book of all time...or at the very least, just as worthy of a thread dedicated to the assembled images of copies procured throughout the years by people of a certain, shall we say high level of taste who can appreciate things which escape the notice of the average collector ***coughcoughmarvelzombiescoughcough*** as some of the other threads around here.

Show them, and feel the waves of admiration, the burgeoning jealousy and what in all likelihood is a colossal amount of insouciance from those who have not yet seen the light!

This book was a GPA low purchase at the time I bought it, which explains the giddy tone of this post somewhat;

MGA-80-80w-front_zps6a1c5ed3.jpg

So? Who's next?

Surprisingly difficult in grade (though ANY DC is rare compared to Marvels from the same time). That's a really nice copy, dude! I think that book is underrated for sure.

The Doom Patrol series that began in MGA 80 was possibly the best super-hero book DC did in the Silver Age. Just way ahead of its time with great writing. And published three months before X-Men 1, natch. I've got a 7.5 copy of MGA 80 somewhere - I'll post it if I can dig it out.

yeah, it's one of those "i know i have heard it before, and i'm pretty sure i know how it's used, but i'd probably better look it up just in case" type of words.

plus, it fits this book - hell, the entire title - like a glove. a size too small, even.

i bet The Captain didn't have to look it up though

yeah, it's one of those "i know i have heard it before, and i'm pretty sure i know how it's used, but i'd probably better look it up just in case" type of words.

plus, it fits this book - hell, the entire title - like a glove. a size too small, even.

i bet The Captain didn't have to look it up though

:acclaim:

It fits the bill. The creative team behind the title clearly had been given free rein to do what they wanted with the book, so they weren't worried about criticism or lack of fan interest. The result? One of the most underrated series of the era.