• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current Turnaround times at CCS
5 5

203 posts in this topic

The 18 comics I sent CCS for pressing on 7/11 have finally showed up as "received" at CGC.  I was beginning to wonder.

Does anyone know how CGC will treat these 18 comics now?  Will they go to the front of the line since it's been so long or am I going to wait another few months?

45 Pre-screen Modern ST  Received 9/7    Quality control  10/12

4 FT Moderns Received CCS 9/7.  Received CGC  10/12

1 Value FT Received 9/18.   Still Verified 10/12

24 Modern ST Received 9/18.  Still Verified 10/12

My sketch cover that I dropped off at nycc was marked as received by cgc on 10/12. Since I fast tracked it for the modern tier, how long do you think it will take cgc to grade it? Two weeks? A month?

Edited by Payal Yusaf

54 minutes ago, Payal Yusaf said:

My sketch cover that I dropped off at nycc was marked as received by cgc on 10/12. Since I fast tracked it for the modern tier, how long do you think it will take cgc to grade it? Two weeks? A month?

About 3-4 weeks. If you go to cgccomics.com and look under services and fees, it gives the expected turnaround time. I have one received September 27th, I haven't checked on it. I usually try to wait until it hits UPS tracking that way when I call cgc I can get all the deets lol

Long story short I think turnaround time on a fast track modern is like 17 days and that probably doesn't include shipping back to you. :)

2 hours ago, Payal Yusaf said:

Actual tots for cgc is 4-5 weeks atm for fast track.

CCS is about 2 months.

Wow!! Thanks so much for the replies! But the current turnaround times are ridiculous. I have 3 books that are currently at cgc for pressing and grading in the modern tier and I asked an employee of cgc at NYCC how long he thought these 3 books would take and he said 5 months. My last 3 book modern submission for pressing and grading without fast track only took 2 months.

On 10/12/2017 at 1:51 PM, gadzukes said:

The 18 comics I sent CCS for pressing on 7/11 have finally showed up as "received" at CGC.  I was beginning to wonder.

Does anyone know how CGC will treat these 18 comics now?  Will they go to the front of the line since it's been so long or am I going to wait another few months?

Hello

Right now CGC is kicking butt!    25 Business days.  So lets say 6 weeks from the date received.  There is no FRONT of the line jumping that I know about.  Only way to make it less is fast track then it saves you about 2  weeks.

On another note.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW  I just looked at CCS and it shows 70 Business days.  CGC did say they had a record amount of books dropped off at the New York Comic Con.

AMAZING for sure!

E

On 10/12/2017 at 1:51 PM, gadzukes said:

Been slow as death for me, too.  I would think you (and me) have no chance to cut the line.  I believe "Received" from CCS gets the same treatment as "Received" directly in the mail without having gone to CCS.

On 10/15/2017 at 9:24 PM, Sqeggs said:

Been slow as death for me, too.  I would think you (and me) have no chance to cut the line.  I believe "Received" from CCS gets the same treatment as "Received" directly in the mail without having gone to CCS.

It would be nice if CGC cut a little time off the TAT as an incentive for using CCS for pressing.  Maybe not "front of the line", but how about a "fast track" as an incentive.

Right now I feel as if my full TAT is going to be somewhere around 6 months.  :eek:

If I get all 9.8s all hard feelings will be forgiven.  :wishluck:

Edited by gadzukes

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

It would be nice if CGC cut a little time off the TAT as an incentive for using CCS for pressing.  Maybe not "front of the line", but how about a "fast track" as an incentive.

Right now I feel as if my full TAT is going to be somewhere around 6 months.  :eek:

If I get all 9.8s all hard feelings will be forgiven.  :wishluck:

If I get all 9.8s, I'll be a rich man, given the books I submitted. :)

8 minutes ago, D-Optimist said:

Anyone have any idea what wait time I'll be enduring? I sent my books back at the end of August.

I still have this status:

Rec-CCS required

I would think pretty soon, based on my sub at denvercon... 6/30(Drop), 7/6 rec'd, rec'd at cgc 9/27. Still waiting on verified... :pullhair:.  GA slowboat, but were getting closer!

Just now, Hutch88 said:

I would think pretty soon, based on my sub at denvercon... 6/30(Drop), 7/6 rec'd, rec'd at cgc 9/27. Still waiting on verified... :pullhair:.  GA slowboat, but were getting closer!

damm you dropped off in June and still didn't get them back?!!!

heres hoping to getting them before the new year...

6 minutes ago, D-Optimist said:

damm you dropped off in June and still didn't get them back?!!!

heres hoping to getting them before the new year...

Slow press, slow grade... They're all keepers! Good luk D Hutch

Edited by Hutch88
Grammatical error, no jokes!