• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current Turnaround times at CCS
5 5

203 posts in this topic

That escalated quickly...

Serious question now though...What is the "cut off" date for books being under the longer TAT?

For example, if I subbed books to CCS and they arrived in late December/Early January, would they be under the old TAT or the 'new' TAT'?

Thank you.

I subbed books end of October and am now around the 15 week wait without any movement. So I think you'll be in the new TAT if you subbed Dec/Jan.

15 weeks. For pressing? :facepalm:

Sorry, I should correct this. I miscounted. If you exclude the week of xmas, I'm at 12 weeks, Monday Feb 9th is week 13.

That escalated quickly...

Serious question now though...What is the "cut off" date for books being under the longer TAT?

For example, if I subbed books to CCS and they arrived in late December/Early January, would they be under the old TAT or the 'new' TAT'?

Thank you.

I subbed books end of October and am now around the 15 week wait without any movement. So I think you'll be in the new TAT if you subbed Dec/Jan.

15 weeks. For pressing? :facepalm:

Sorry, I should correct this. I miscounted. If you exclude the week of xmas, I'm at 12 weeks, Monday Feb 9th is week 13.

Pfew! 15 weeks was completely unacceptable, but 13 weeks...yeah, totally cool. :insane:

I have only positive things to say about working with Matt and CCS. Upmost professionalism and quality. Matt won't sacrifice his end product, and i think that's exactly the right kind of business model to have. And perhaps his issue with TATs is the inability to hire more of himself? can't have just anyone do this work......

And people shouldn't publicly bash someone else's business. Take it the PMs, please. Branget, you wouldn't like it if someone messed with you that way.

I have only positive things to say about working with Matt and CCS. Upmost professionalism and quality. Matt won't sacrifice his end product, and i think that's exactly the right kind of business model to have. And perhaps his issue with TATs is the inability to hire more of himself? can't have just anyone do this work......

And people shouldn't publicly bash someone else's business. Take it the PMs, please. Branget, you wouldn't like it if someone messed with you that way.

This is a great endorsement! Being a first time customer, I'm hoping it's worth the wait.

I've never liked the "pay for quicker service" from any company CGC, CCS or CBCS, but if the quality is good, I sure don't mind waiting.

If you are never in danger of loosing money for current business practices then there will never be a reason to expand. Why hire and train additional people when you can make the customer wait longer (and they are ok with it) for the same or increased price (FT to get books back "quicker").

This isn't just a problem with CCS (though they are the slowest and most expensive option); all pressers are always behind on their TAT and offer FT so you can get your books "faster". It is a solid way to make money and ensure income growth while making the customer pay more for the same service that was advertised.

No entirely true.

I agree with this!

Are you referring just to Branget's posts or to the thread in general? The OP's comments and the related postings seem fair game to me.

I agree with this!

lol

I don't think your comic link thread was a glowing endorsement...

I agree with this!

lol

I don't think your comic link thread was a glowing endorsement...

:blush:

It has to be a tough business having to take rare comics that somebody prizes dearly and to balance keeping up with the explosion in demand for services with maintaining quality. I sure don't envy the pros in this business as it always seems people are screaming for their stuff to be done. I do wonder if what happened after NYCC with the huge backlog over at sister co CGC if that didn't also effect CCS as well.

And then there's the next con . . .

I think the best course of action for CCS and CGC is communication. The TATs at CCS doubled and tripled seeming overnight from what had been on the website. There was no explanation until Matt came on here to provide more info.

On the flip side, there would be a lot more goodwill toward CGC and now CCS if they ACTUALLY work to reduce the TATs. CGC TATs have been terrible for YEARS, and I think most of us have lost faith that they will get better.

Will CCS follow suit or is this really just a temporary blip that will be corrected? Time will tell.

I think the best course of action for CCS and CGC is communication. The TATs at CCS doubled and tripled seeming overnight from what had been on the website. There was no explanation until Matt came on here to provide more info.

On the flip side, there would be a lot more goodwill toward CGC and now CCS if they ACTUALLY work to reduce the TATs. CGC TATs have been terrible for YEARS, and I think most of us have lost faith that they will get better.

Will CCS follow suit or is this really just a temporary blip that will be corrected? Time will tell.

Yeah, I'm not overly impressed w the communication. I've emailed 5 times over the past 2 months to CCS to find out where abouts they are on the invoice dates and not a single reply. I called and the girl I spoke to said "sometime this month" last month.

Nearly finished week 13 with no movement and still no reply on any of my emails. Getting rather annoyed.

If it wasn't the fact that they are next to CGC and I save on stupid 'from Canada' shipping I would be shopping elsewhere.

Nearly finished week 13 with no movement and still no reply on any of my emails. Getting rather annoyed.

If it wasn't the fact that they are next to CGC and I save on stupid 'from Canada' shipping I would be shopping elsewhere.

I think mine was in CCS for about that long, and they finished it and moved it to CGC without my knowledge. I emailed CGC, they took about a week to respond. Consider emailing CGC, they might have the info too.

But wouldn't CGC a) update your info on their site and b) charge your cc as soon as it's received?

you'd think. but an email might be just what they need to go "hmmm it has been a long time, I'll go fish it out of that box over there and update the info..."

Totally true.

Anyways, superstar Bree over at CGC contacted me and said she'd look into all the issues for me so that's pleasing :)

Nothing wrong with asking. At worst, they ignore you, and your book keeps going at the same pace it otherwise would have gone, but you're not in a worse position. At best, it gets some of the info updated and maybe moves it forward in the queue a bit, maybe just placed on top of whatever existing pile its in, instead of being on the bottom of it.

Reading about the slow TATs at CCS, I'm really glad my one local shop has a professional presser on-site. Dropped some books off on Saturday and got them back today looking beautiful & flat & clean. I might try CCS out sometime to see how their work compares.