• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current Turnaround times at CCS
5 5

203 posts in this topic

They would cease accepting submissions if they really valued their customers and catch up on all the books piling up on the shelves but of course it's all about the flow of the Benjamin's . At the very least they shouldn't be giving false hope. When u have a guy posting here that says his book has been there for 3 years????!!!! We have a serious problem

They would cease accepting submissions if they really valued their customers and catch up on all the books piling up on the shelves but of course it's all about the flow of the Benjamin's . At the very least they shouldn't be giving false hope.

Really? What would the outcome of that be? Say they cease accepting submissions until they can catch up...

Once the open the flood gates again, it'll be even more backed up. What's the difference?

OR

People won't want to wait, and will go to another service provider.

The smart play is to continue accepting, and just keep their nose to the grindstone.

Being 'all about the Benjamins,' the point of a business is to make money.

Don't be so obtuse. Your not a dim guy, so why would you defend this practice. Simply put, they should clearly state before submissions that "Current restoration turnaround is 1-3 years"

They're being dishonest by grossly lowballing the timeframe to keep the flow of books coming. I never would have submitted my books had I known.....

*You're

I'm not being obtuse, I'm being practical. Them shutting down the business to 'catch up' would be a horrible idea. I agree- more transparency would be great.

Feel better correcting my English nitwit? Guess you just showed your true character

not sure why we are paying and being charged fast track for these kind of TAT.

Actually, not sure why anybody would be sending their books into CCS at all.

Especially when CGC is claiming that CCS were the culprits behind all of those wavy books since it had absolutely nothing at all to do with their ex-new case holder which they had tried to flaunt on everybody. lol

I've got about forty books sitting at CCS right now. Curious to see the results in a month or so.

Just curious here.......why in the world would you have 40 books sitting at CCS? (shrug)

What kind of books are these? Would they be BA or CA books with NCB creases or spine ticks that needs to be pressed out? I assume the portion that bypassed CCS and went straight through to CGC for grading must be a lot more or are you simply getting CCS to pre-screen all of your books for you for maximization of potential before having them graded? ???

Just wondering since this sounds like a pretty expensive process. hm

I've had a single page of Batman #1 at CCS (economy service) since the middle of March. I was told it would take 6-8 weeks to finish. After almost 4 months of it being there it still isn't done.

I've emailed and was told it was going to be done last Friday and nope. Checked today and nothing so I emailed them again today. Hopefully I get a answer. :pullhair:

Maybe Matt's finishing the pedigree book first? (shrug)

Wow, its still not done?

Lots of bickering. Guys, you're paying and getting the service youre asking for. TATs are estimates. You'll still get it faster than the guy who didnt pay more, it's just still longer than the estimated timeframe.

I think the solution is two-fold: CGC actually communicate automatic and accurate TATs so people can make better education decisions. Secondly, take a whiff of reality people and get a clue and deal with the fact that you're books are going into the Twilight Zone for up to 6 months and don't use the faster options and save some money (although time can be money depending on the situation). Thirdly, TATs can get better OR WORSE and theyre not performance guarantees.

I remember the "good old days" when Moderns were ~30 days and Economy were about 3 months. I have the luxury not to care of course since many of the books are just going to rest in my collection, so from an "opportunity cost" perspective I get the frustration....but I think people are being too unrealistic here.

It may stand to reason why multiple grading companies are doing well and STILL being too busy...these are all GOOD problems for the industry to have.

Thought I'd add my SDCC Books to this list for CCS:

SDCC Sig Series books MFT (9 books)

Received: 8/3

Verified: ??

Pressed: ??

Transferred to CGC: ??

SDCC Sig Series books MFT (3 books)

Received: 8/9

Spoke with Customer Service and Times are looking like 2 months.

Edited by Praxis52

FYI, It took a month on mine to be verified and charged.

FYI, It took a month on mine to be verified and charged.

Wow, that's a long time to wait. Do the books just sit there then? So weird....