• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Appearance of Spawn...

43 posts in this topic

You don't have to jump on the bandwagon if you don't want to, but a week ago nobody was looking for this book.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=rust+1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

The fact that it isn't the first appearance of Spawn nor the first preview of Spawn is a pretty good reason not to jump on the bandwagon.

maybe first ad for spawn... same with Malibu #13. This is just a result of people not wanting to believe a first appearance has a reported print run of over 1.7 million.

But i grabbed one from the 50 cent bin today just in case :D

Edited by Hurtszick

You don't have to jump on the bandwagon if you don't want to, but a week ago nobody was looking for this book.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=rust+1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Thats actually ALOT of transactions for an UNKNOWN book..

Even some listing of that book selling from Australia..

The fact that all these transactions took place in previous months, and that first 2-3 sales didnt disclose the name of the book, but rather just went with the 1st Spawn initiative makes me believe that this was very carefully planned.. Too bad it didnt take

Not that I agree with any of this nonsense....

But wouldn't the March 1992 issue of previews have all of these other " 1st ads" beat by a mile?

I guess since its not an ad in a comic book, but an ad, it an advertisement magazine , it doesn't count?

Talk about ironic if that's the case.

lmao

Not that I agree with any of this nonsense....

But wouldn't the March 1992 issue of previews have all of these other " 1st ads" beat by a mile?

I guess since its not an ad in a comic book, but an ad, it an advertisement magazine , it doesn't count?

Talk about ironic if that's the case.

lmao

:lol: :applause:;)

-slym

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again...go look up the books with similar "first appearances" of Batman and Superman, find prices and then compare to Action #1 and Detective #27.

The hobby weighed in on advertisement appearances LOOOOOOOONG ago.

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again...go look up the books with similar "first appearances" of Batman and Superman, find prices and then compare to Action #1 and Detective #27.

Its just a pathetic attempt by someone to pump and dump a book he bought and found he could not flip easy

The fact that it isn't the first appearance of Spawn nor the first preview of Spawn is a pretty good reason not to jump on the bandwagon.

Sure, for some it may be.

There is a small, but very vocal, movement around that is trying to change long held hobby conventions regarding the definitions of terms like "first appearance."

For example...according to these folks, the first appearances of scores of characters wasn't in any comic book...it was in Previews.

Because, ya know...that's their first "appearance."

meh

Also...the listing that starts this thread is still in violation of eBay rules. You CANNOT sell "secret" items.

In response to my questioning of the comic…

"Not a head start at this particular copy, a head start at picking up other copies of the book from local comic shops who might have it in their back issue bins, before those shops realize what they're sitting on and price those copies through the roof. As I laid out in the listing description, this was only a very very recent discovery by "blankiddy blank" whose own listing only ended over this past weekend, so the thinking is that the knowledge is nowhere near mainstream yet (the fact you yourself don't automatically know which book this is supports that notion) and is knowledge worth protecting at least for now. I definitely understand your reaction and lack of interest though, and I apologize if I've caused you frustration in the way my listing is constructed"

There is a small, but very vocal, movement about to change long held hobby conventions regarding the definitions of terms like "first appearance."

For example...according to these folks, the first appearances of scores of characters wasn't in any comic book...it was in Previews.

Because, ya know...that's their first "appearance."

meh

Also...the listing that starts this thread is still in violation of eBay rules. You CANNOT sell "secret" items.

Correct on all counts.

I will also add, that its obvious that these people are out for the quick buck, since this Rust book isn't even the first " ad " for spawn. Spawn is on the cover of previews two months earlier, this is contradictory to their own arguments.

If they have a copy of something, its the one they push. All motived by making money.

To push this book as a 1st anything is a blatant lie.

I was just going to ask what my gold edition numbered limited edition one was worth. Now I know. $10 to $100? Great.

It's almost hard to blame BLMOdirect.

He did everything right with his listing , except the " 1st" he threw in at the end of the title. He didn't mention anything about it being a 1st in the description, just that it has a spawn ad.

It's obvious he has a few copies of this book, as he sold a few others early last month for cheap, and without the spawn mention.

Hard to say what the right thing to do would be. Sell it at his normal price, ignoring the hype? Pull the listing until the smoke clears? He definitely should not have put the " 1st " in there.

It's almost hard to blame BLMOdirect.

He did everything right with his listing , except the " 1st" he threw in at the end of the title. He didn't mention anything about it being a 1st in the description, just that it has a spawn ad.

It's obvious he has a few copies of this book, as he sold a few others early last month for cheap, and without the spawn mention.

Hard to say what the right thing to do would be. Sell it at his normal price, ignoring the hype? Pull the listing until the smoke clears? He definitely should not have put the " 1st " in there.

This listing was honest and fair in my book.

Thats fine... Let me have it