• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IRON MAN #55 CLUB
4 4

214 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I had thought this book would level out after the Infinity War movie, but now it looks like it should keep moving up thanks to the depth they gave the character.  Best Marvel movie villain yet.

Yeah, Thanos was great. 

The one complaint I am getting from non-collector friends is this - the ending is weak because the heroes "dissolve" instead of being killed by him. lol  They wanted Thanos to do more damage.

2 hours ago, kimik said:

And, here is the copy I bought at the right time last August or September. I was looking for a perfectly centered copy, but my stink bid held on this one. 

1582594126_cgcIronMan55A.thumb.jpg.6dbeaa20d7e798e7e2b079b5bb2d2c31.jpg

Wow, that's a knockout. This is a tough issue to be picky with centering or wrap, so you did quite well!

On 5/8/2018 at 11:36 AM, Broke as a Joke said:

I had thought this book would level out after the Infinity War movie, but now it looks like it should keep moving up thanks to the depth they gave the character.  Best Marvel movie villain yet.

:bump:

Maybe this book has leveled out as it's now been 10 whole months since the last post in this Iron Man 55 thread here.  :whatthe:

Rather surprising for a supposedly once hot book, especially considering that the soon to be released Avengers: Endgame movie is just right around the corner. (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

Has anybody else looked at the Iron Man 55 CL auction results from last week yet?

Just curious as there were about 6 of them in there with the CGC 9.6 copy going for around $3K, the CGC 9.4's going just over $2K, and the CGC 9.0's going for around $1,300.  The lone CGC 8.5 seem to have come in a tad low at only $901, but it did have that fugly terrible looking wrap on it. :p

I thought these prices would have been slightly higher considering that the Avengers 3 movie is due to come out in the next month or so.  Then again, I guess this is pretty much old news and probably already built into the price of the books for awhile now.  hm

I guess we'll see how the ones do in the CC Auction later this evening, although they do seem to be running quite a bit behind the CL results right now.  Of course, with CC's auction format, all of the fun and fireworks to watch tends to take place at the end of their auctions during the 3-minute extended bidding time periods.  :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

On 6/20/2019 at 7:02 PM, Lurker89 said:

Loved Thanos from a young age.:devil:  Infinity Gauntlet started my love affair with comics.

Here'smy ticket:

IMG_20190526_075128963.jpg

Agreed on the IG Arc - it was one of the first big comic events that got me hooked as well ....... I need to grab a copy of this book :)

Beautiful 6.0!