• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help on Grading a couple of Amazing Spider-Man

13 posts in this topic

Can we have a scan of the back? Hard to see all of the flaws on raw books if they aren't blown up tongue.gif

I'd say 8.5 based on the front cover. grin.gif I don't know exactly how much CGC would downgrade on that top edge.

Can't see the 73, and what we can see is a 49, not a 48.

You'll get more accurate grades from us if you'll post a list of the defects present on the books. Any grades given by people from a scan are ALWAYS biased because many types of defects are hidden in a scan.

Hmmmm. let's see if the #73 shows now. The #73 really doesn't show any spine wear at all. It has 4 sharp corners & no creasing. Very high cover gloss & white cover. The black line running down spine is faded out in a few spots but it does not really look like a color fleck, there is a tiny color fleck on Spideys back right next to one of the top spider legs. Light grey smudge on spine (about 1/2"), about 1" below corner box. The #49 has the slight overhang at the top edge of cover & very minor stress lines onthe upper staple. Nice cover colors, although not as glossy as the #73. No creasing in the corners. Corners are nice but starting to show slight wear so I wouldn't call the square cut sharp. There are 2 small chips on the right edge, about 3" up from bottom & a small color fleck on Spidey's chest, right below Kraven's wrist band. sp73.jpg

VF/NM 9.0 for the #73

VF 8.0 for the #48 (based on all corners rounded and multiple spine stresses)

But, as others have said it is hard to make the call without back cover scans and defect info. If the back cover to the #48, for example, is pristine, I would raise the grade to VF+ 8.5.