• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$300 Million Gaugin

29 posts in this topic

It`s incredible the prices that top pieces are going for now.

You can become a billionaire just from selling a few paintings now. In fact, the guy who sold the piece, who has quite a collection remaining, is probably a multi-billionaire on paper now, based on the valuation of this painting.

Could be...the prices for the top two aren't precise.

Gauguin is getting quite popular...

:o Christie's has it valued at 9M pounds, sells for 20 x that amount? Makes you wonder if art sales like this is nothing more than behind the scenes, high stakes money laundering/pay offs.

Wait...what sold for 20x its 9MM estimate? The whole sale brought in $178MM unless I'm missing something.

:o Christie's has it valued at 9M pounds, sells for 20 x that amount? Makes you wonder if art sales like this is nothing more than behind the scenes, high stakes money laundering/pay offs.

Wait...what sold for 20x its 9MM estimate? The whole sale brought in $178MM unless I'm missing something.

Sorry I misread the title of the article.