• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your 8.0 Silver Age can be 9.0's in 20 - 30 years.

6 posts in this topic

I just realized that by hanging onto all your Silver Age comics for another 20 - 30 years, your VF's will all be NM's. CGC will be offering the same grading criteria then as they do now with Golden Age. All you gotta do is look after them better than the other guy. Whadda' ya' guys think? Is it really possible? confused.gif

grin.gif That's the beauty of this whole idea.

I don't know if a 10.0 can still be a 10.0 in 20 or 30 years. Is it possible? Gotta be easier for your VF's to turn into a VF/NMs if they're gonna be grading em like they do Golden Age now.

I think you are whistling dixie here. grin.gif

If anything I expect grading to TIGHTEN in the years, as must surely happen, grading competition comes in for CGC and raises standards.

Also, the reasons for different eras recieving different grades is more to do with the differing printing processes/paper stock than the books actual age.

So the answer to your question is no, IMHO.

I wasn't really being all that serious. My big reason for starting this post was so we could start talking about the different grading systems in place by CGC. (Although to date they have not admitted anything) It worked, but instead of talking about it on this post, people have elected to start their own posts. I'm glad it's being discussed. grin.gif