• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DALE ROBERTS COMICS THREAD ALL INVOICES SENT!

1,666 posts in this topic

Welcome to my first sales thread of 2015

Unlike my holiday sale, this thread will focus primarily on Golden Age & Atomic Age comics (though once a week, I will be listing some Silver & Bronze)! I have about 6 boxes of stuff I will go through in this thread, starting with Atlas/Marvel/Timely, followed by Charlton, DC, Dell, ECs, Fawcetts, Fiction House, etc and on down the line.

There will be some awesome deals in this thread, as I am really trying to clear space and clear some inventory as we are getting ready to move. I am going through each book and checking each grade for accuracy. If there is a question about grade, I am going to go assign the tighter grade. If you are a collector, I want you to get a great deal. If you are a dealer, I want you to be able to make some money. Most of these books will be discounted, some of them DEEPLY DISCOUNTED. And as always, all books come with a 100% no restoration guarantee.

Many of these books have been sitting waiting to be processed for several years. Almost everything in the thread will be offered here for the first time by me. I will also be pulling a few books directly from my 1st inventory as the thread progresses, including some raw keys.

I also mentioned Silver & Bronze didn't I? One night a week, I will be listing Silver & Bronze books, stuff like X-Men #12, Fantastic Four #46, Avengers #8, Avengers #196, etc. Much like the stuff from the last thread, except there will be no retreads. Everything from this thread will be new. I also plan to list some very nice raw silver age books, directly from my first inventory at discount prices.

:takeit: (in whatever form) is king in this thread, and you must quote the book, or at least say what you are taking. Reasonable offers will always be considered by PM.

I will accept paypal, or checks and money orders. No time payments this time. I don't want to draw this out way into convention season. You also MUST post the :takeit: in the thread, even if we work a deal by PM. There is simply no way for me to manage a thread of this magnitude otherwise.

Shipping is by Priority Mail and starts at $7.00 in the USA. I will ship anywhere basically, and shipping will be as close to exact as I can make it. Nothing will be shipped until the end of the thread. Orders will be processed in the order that payments come in. All books will be packed very securely.

No Hall of Shamers or probation list.

Please PM with questions.

I have had a few questions about payment. I will probably be listing this stuff over about 2 weeks. If you can have payment to me by the first week of March, that will be fine. I know some of you are probably waiting on tax returns and such, so just let me know if you have questions. I will be accommodating as possible.

OK, that's it until tonight.

A note about scans. I am not going to scan all the back cover, only if the back cover is non typical of the front cover, or if there is a significant flaw (or as in the case of the Tales of Justice, if the book is exceptionally beautiful).

I'm new to collecting so please forgive me if this is a noob question, but I've never heard of "atomic age" comics. What era are they from?

they're 'the bomb'

think about the period where there was a scare of atom bombs. The first ones dropped on japan were in 1945. There wasn't a scare of atom bombs being dropped on the US until... I want to say early 50s. maybe very late 40s? But I generally think of atomic age as say 1950-1955. Maybe 48 or 49 as well

think about the period where there was a scare of atom bombs. The first ones dropped on japan were in 1945. There wasn't a scare of atom bombs being dropped on the US until... I want to say early 50s. maybe very late 40s? But I generally think of atomic age as say 1950-1955. Maybe 48 or 49 as well

I think "Atomic Age" is a general, catchall phrase that's usually intended to include everything between the end of the GA and the beginning of the SA.

:popcorn:

think about the period where there was a scare of atom bombs. The first ones dropped on japan were in 1945. There wasn't a scare of atom bombs being dropped on the US until... I want to say early 50s. maybe very late 40s? But I generally think of atomic age as say 1950-1955.Maybe 48 or 49 as well

I think "Atomic Age" is a general, catchall phrase that's usually intended to include everything between the end of the GA and the beginning of the SA.

:popcorn:

I would say Bronty is correct as far as the more appropriate use of the term.

But I have to say the term "atomic age" also connotes a widespread awareness of the use of atomic energy and energy at large, not only negative as perceived in the danger of atomic bombs.

For example, Reddy Kilowatt is a good example of an "Atomic Age" character to me, and we have a famous Disney character created by Romano Scarpa during this period that perfectly embodies the age. ;)