• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

This is the first one that I just didn't care about.  Doesn't grab me at all, especially for that price.  If it were a regular issue, I'd gladly pay $4 for it.

I'll find it for cheap some day and all will be well in the universe then.

Seems to me there were a lot better choices left on the table still than K2, but whatevers clever...

Did anyone pick up the Star Wars 7 Black & White Boba Fett Action Figure Variant from John Tyler Christopher a couple years ago? If so, is the back cover misprinted so that the magenta ink didn't print at the far left? I just noticed this on one of my copies as I was prepping it for the 'bay. Was wondering if it was a common issue:

StarWars7_BobaFettACBW_3BC.jpeg

I'm happy because my copy of Battlestar Galactica Vs Battlestar Galactica #4 arrived today, and it's the Action Figure variant with both the 70's and modern version of Boomer. The nu-BSG Boomer is one of my favourite characters, so I was thrilled with that. 

On 11/9/2016 at 11:09 AM, Lethal_Collector said:

Nope, that ship has sailed for me. Just have the B/W Luke one.

Jerome

So in your opinion, Is there any room Left on the Star Wars  B/W Luke C2E2 exclusive or did that peak long ago?  

Edited by icp004

On 11/21/2019 at 3:23 PM, icp004 said:

So in your opinion, Is there any room Left on the Star Wars  B/W Luke C2E2 exclusive or did that peak long ago?  

I think it's peaked and plateaued.  Even with the new Star Wars movie next month there doesn't seem to be any spikes in it.  That being said it's still the one to have out of that set.

Jerome

1 hour ago, Lethal_Collector said:

I think it's peaked and plateaued.  Even with the new Star Wars movie next month there doesn't seem to be any spikes in it.  That being said it's still the one to have out of that set.

Jerome

Thx for the reply.  Let my copy go early on but was considering buying another.  I’m not a modern collector but as a Star Wars fan I really like these action figure covers.  I was surprised  to see a lot of 52 issues that included many JTC exclusives sell on eBay for just $85.  

On 11/22/2019 at 8:12 PM, Lethal_Collector said:

Jerome

Picked up a 9.8 on eBay today.  Was surprised my offer was accepted.  Ended up being cheaper than recent sales of a 9.6 and a 9.4 (by $100).