• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Fallout 4

575 posts in this topic

Never buy these books in the polybag without expecting less than a 9.0. The crease from the polybag seam. I've pressed countless copies of this to remove the creases and said printer grab dent on the front lower right side.

Variants don't come in polybag

Never buy these books in the polybag without expecting less than a 9.0. The crease from the polybag seam. I've pressed countless copies of this to remove the creases and said printer grab dent on the front lower right side.

Variants don't come in polybag

I think they are only referring to the standard issue. The variant is super tough due to being so black heavy is my thoughts.

I finally got around to un-bagging 3 copies I bought last winter. I shouldn't have waited so long. I bought them from the same store, where they were stored in a drawer standing upright and wasn't packed tight so there was no pressure on the books.

When I got them home I stored them in a shortbox that was almost full so there was more pressure.

The results were that 2 copies had a significant dent near the top from the poly bag, and one of them was luckily in much better shape. The creases didn't extend down past the top inch or two. I attribute this to the extra pressure from the bag flap/tape adding more pressure at the top in a full short box.

So if you are buying them from a shop that stored them upright without a lot of pressure I'd say it's safe the bag didn't add any creases. I wouldn't buy them bagged off ebay or from a store where they have been packed away or sitting flat under a stack of books. Either way it's a gamble.

Copy A: IMAG0372_t285f3rpgu_thumb.jpg

Copy B: IMAG0375_gyjxqum165_thumb.jpg

Copy C: (best copy) IMAG0373_00hx7aqk1l_thumb.jpg

Guess I should add, none of my copies had a printer grab on the front corner.

Edited by Couchy81

On 8/14/2018 at 8:14 AM, Couchy81 said:

Couple of recent sales of the variant in 9.8 - around the 2k mark. :whatthe:

Blue label 9.8

SS 9.8

Yeah, the 9.8 SS was mine. I sold 2 of them to one person 3 years ago for $1000 each. Decided to put my last one up on Ebay to see what it would fetch now. Was happy and shocked to see it hit that high. Deal went through and the buyer purchased it for his son who's a huge fan of the character.