• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Fallout 4

575 posts in this topic

No orgin..

But they do have multiple panels as Spiderman and he takes off his mask to show his face.

Cool, thanks.

Is the "origin" in the 1st issue of his ongoing series?

Man, I can't even remember his origin.... Different Osborne spider maybe?

I remember a spider with a mark on its back hitching a ride in his burglar uncle's bag after he stole something from someone where the spider originally was. Miles went to visit his uncle at his apartment and the spider bit him there after climbing out of the bag.

Edited by dane323

There are certain people in love with me.

And for that I :acclaim:

Shame on me for seeing that the right person or persons gets credit for providing information that likely lead to financial benefit of others.

Maybe you could actually, you know, credit your sources on your blog.

Shame on me for seeing that the right person or persons gets credit for providing information that likely lead to financial benefit of others.

Ooooooooh ssssssnap! :flamed:

So one movie critic makes an otherwise unsubstantiated claim, and all hell breaks loose? :facepalm:

I personally think they're going to go a different direction

The recent spidey is done. The movies are sad compared to the hits in 2014. Maybe a well written Miles would be a breath of fresh air.

This is my last post on this because I don't care about your trollings.

Before I had a blog you were always very negative Jimmy Linguini, one time I went to send you a PM to see what was up with that and guess what? I couldn't, oh no! :o (maybe you should actual figure out how to ignore someone?)

I don't remember the specifics of the Ultimate Fallout #4 post, I largely write my posts on mondays and schedule them- but if there is one person I wouldn't take credit away from its the authority. I actually do largely credit my sources which is seen on my blog, but again, you only post about me because of some kind of weird jealously and thats fine, but don't think I'm the only one who sees it. (thumbs u

So one movie critic makes an otherwise unsubstantiated claim, and all hell breaks loose? :facepalm:

The recent spidey is done. The movies are sad compared to the hits in 2014. Maybe a well written Miles would be a breath of fresh air.

I'm not saying there can not be a good Miles Spider-man movie. I'm saying I would be absolutely floored if the first Spider-man in the MCU is not Peter Parker. It would shock me for a number of reasons, but I'll list the top most:

1. Even non-comic fans know that Peter Parker is Spider-man; if it isn't Peter in the movies, you now have to use time to explain. I don't see there being a ton of time for this in Civil War.

2. No one wants to see another origin movie, we literally just had one a few years ago. A new origin movie would be the 3rd Spider-man origin movie in less than 15 years, and the second since 2012.

3. If Sony wanted to do it as some sort of news grabber, then that is fine, but they would still have to coordinate it with Marvel since their Spider-man projects are now in bed with the MCU - see #1.

The outside shot of this actually happening... Peter Parker dies in Civil War, and Sony's new Spider-man movie stars Miles. We still have to deal with the second entry from the list above, so I view even this as unlikely.

Before I had a blog you were always very negative Jimmy Linguini, one time I went to send you a PM to see what was up with that and guess what? I couldn't, oh no! :o (maybe you should actual figure out how to ignore someone?)

I don't remember the specifics of the Ultimate Fallout #4 post, I largely write my posts on mondays and schedule them- but if there is one person I wouldn't take credit away from its the authority. I actually do largely credit my sources which is seen on my blog, but again, you only post about me because of some kind of weird jealously and thats fine, but don't think I'm the only one who sees it. (thumbs u

Oh son!!! ^^

I'm not saying there can not be a good Miles Spider-man movie. I'm saying I would be absolutely floored if the first Spider-man in the MCU is not Peter Parker. It would shock me for a number of reasons, but I'll list the top most:

1. Even non-comic fans know that Peter Parker is Spider-man; if it isn't Peter in the movies, you now have to use time to explain. I don't see there being a ton of time for this in Civil War.

2. No one wants to see another origin movie, we literally just had one a few years ago. A new origin movie would be the 3rd Spider-man origin movie in less than 15 years, and the second since 2012.

3. If Sony wanted to do it as some sort of news grabber, then that is fine, but they would still have to coordinate it with Marvel since their Spider-man projects are now in bed with the MCU - see #1.

The outside shot of this actually happening... Peter Parker dies in Civil War, and Sony's new Spider-man movie stars Miles. We still have to deal with the second entry from the list above, so I view even this as unlikely.

Nick Fury is white right? lol

I realize its a stretch as well, but somehow this got leaked. Personally I think Sony and Marvel are just floating the idea to see how it goes over.

Either way its just speculation at this point. Should be interesting to see what this week brings.

I cleared up a discrepancy. It wasn't a troll post. Other than not citing sources I have no issue with you. I have you on ignore because you regularly post information that I don't understand or have any use for, references to rappers, for example.

Here's the thing guys. Sony took two shots at Petey Parker. One with Toby McGuire and one with Andrew Garfield. They tried the awkward, schmucky Spidey and the too cool for school Spidey. Neither was very effective. Plus they burned through a bunch of villains and killed off the Green Goblin in the first movie. They made quite a few tactical mistakes.

Miles makes sense and I'm not convinced they use him in the current storylines past CW. They could use him to run through the gambit of villains that made ASM 1-20 such great reads in the first place. I'm talking Scorpion, Kraven, Mysterious, Vulture; etc.

Miles could work, if for no other reason than Sony did Peter Parker no favors. I would not write off the UF 4 for around $20.

Here's the thing guys. Sony took two shots at Petey Parker. One with Toby McGuire and one with Andrew Garfield. They tried the awkward, schmucky Spidey and the too cool for school Spidey. Neither was very effective. Plus they burned through a bunch of villains and killed off the Green Goblin in the first movie. They made quite a few tactical mistakes.

Miles makes sense and I'm not convinced they use him in the current storylines past CW. They could use him to run through the gambit of villains that made ASM 1-20 such great reads in the first place. I'm talking Scorpion, Kraven, Mysterious, Vulture; etc.

Miles could work, if for no other reason than Sony did Peter Parker no favors. I would not write off the UF 4 for around $20.

I do not disagree with this at all.

But I have to say... all of these things were true a month ago too.

For $20, you're right either way - and I think the character has long lasting appeal anyway. I just don't see it playing out this way soon, but I've been wrong before.

No orgin..

But they do have multiple panels as Spiderman and he takes off his mask to show his face.

Cool, thanks.

Is the "origin" in the 1st issue of his ongoing series?

Man, I can't even remember his origin.... Different Osborne spider maybe?

Viking his origin is not just 1 book and it certainly isn't UF4. His origin is told through his 1st series.

This has probably been brought up plenty of times, but perhaps Marvel was only able to get this deal done with Sony by agreeing to go with Miles as their Spider-Man while Sony kept the rights to using Peter. If the agreement is for a shared universe (likely), then there would have undoubtedly been further terms (ie. you can "borrow" Peter for short scenes as long as the focus was primarily on Miles, and vice versa; you cannot kill Peter; you cannot unmask Peter; etc etc etc). Writing scripts together would be very tricky between the two companies I would think. They'd basically have to already have agreed to a singular vision for the character(s) (ie. must reboot, no more Andrew Garfield).

This has probably been brought up plenty of times, but perhaps Marvel was only able to get this deal done with Sony by agreeing to go with Miles as their Spider-Man while Sony kept the rights to using Peter. If the agreement is for a shared universe (likely), then there would have undoubtedly been further terms (ie. you can "borrow" Peter for short scenes as long as the focus was primarily on Miles, and vice versa; you cannot kill Peter; you cannot unmask Peter; etc etc etc). Writing scripts together would be very tricky between the two companies I would think. They'd basically have to already have agreed to a singular vision for the character(s) (ie. must reboot, no more Andrew Garfield).

Marvel's Kevin Feige is a producer on Sony's Spider-man... co-producer, but still a producer. I imagine, if Sony isn't completely idiotic, he'll really be calling many of the shots for their new film. They certainly have no idea what they're doing, and he has a pretty good track record.