• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Fallout 4

575 posts in this topic

This has probably been brought up plenty of times, but perhaps Marvel was only able to get this deal done with Sony by agreeing to go with Miles as their Spider-Man while Sony kept the rights to using Peter. If the agreement is for a shared universe (likely), then there would have undoubtedly been further terms (ie. you can "borrow" Peter for short scenes as long as the focus was primarily on Miles, and vice versa; you cannot kill Peter; you cannot unmask Peter; etc etc etc). Writing scripts together would be very tricky between the two companies I would think. They'd basically have to already have agreed to a singular vision for the character(s) (ie. must reboot, no more Andrew Garfield).

:makepoint:

sopRsNE.jpg

It would be a catastrophic mistake to use Miles Morales IMO.

Finally we get the amazing opportunity to see the Avengers stand side by side with Marvel's most iconic hero, and now we are forced to see the knock-off version that's only been popular for the past 2 years?

Woo-hoo! Sign me up for that!

Finally we get the amazing opportunity to see the Avengers stand side by side with Marvel's most iconic hero, and now we are forced to see the knock-off version that's only been popular for the past 2 years?

+1

Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Marvel didn't go through all this trouble to use a largely unknown miles morales. They've been champing at the bit to get Peter in their movies. And that's who Spider-Man will continue to be. Anyone who seriously tries to suggest otherwise has copies of UF 4 they're trying to sell. lol

-J.

No orgin..

But they do have multiple panels as Spiderman and he takes off his mask to show his face.

Cool, thanks.

Is the "origin" in the 1st issue of his ongoing series?

Man, I can't even remember his origin.... Different Osborne spider maybe?

Viking his origin is not just 1 book and it certainly isn't UF4. His origin is told through his 1st series.

Thanks.

I'm up to date on his series (really like it), but it's been a while since I read the early stuff.

It is all coming back to me now.

+1

Peter Parker is Spider-Man. Marvel didn't go through all this trouble to use a largely unknown miles morales. They've been champing at the bit to get Peter in their movies. And that's who Spider-Man will continue to be. Anyone who seriously tries to suggest otherwise has copies of UF 4 they're trying to sell. lol

-J.

I agree with the part in bold.

I just can't imagine them not using Peter.

And I also don't think the whole unmasking thing will be in the movie.

The MCU is not like the comic universe. Does the public care if the 15 or so capes don't reveal who they are?

Plus no one wears a mask. Iron Man already admitted who he was. Steve Rodgers is a Legend. Thor is..... a god.

I think the CW storyline we see will be much different then the comic version.

+1

-J.

Looks like the AF 15 club has made its way to the modern forum :cool:

This kid puerto rican or something?

I prefer the term Blackarican since he's a combo baby.

Then again, many of us are combo babys since, really, there's no such thing a pure breed human being.

In any case, I picked up (2) 1st prints of his 1st Appearance trying to find Silk's 1st Appearance. Let's see where this goes.

I wouldn't mind a different Spider-man.

+1

-J.

lol Nah I like Miles too. In the Ultimate title. Marvel has already said they're not doing "origin stories" in the movies anymore so they can (and will) easily drop a new Peter Parker into the movies without even skipping a beat. He's their top selling solo character in comics, and has carried at least one solo title for the past 50+ years. I think we'll see Miles Morales in a cartoon on TV long, long before we see him as "Spider-Man" in a movie. (thumbs u

-J.

+1

-J.

lol Nah I like Miles too. In the Ultimate title. Marvel has already said they're not doing "origin stories" in the movies anymore so they can (and will) easily drop a new Peter Parker into the movies without even skipping a beat. He's their top selling solo character in comics, and has carried at least one solo title for the past 50+ years. I think we'll see Miles Morales in a cartoon on TV long, long before we see him as "Spider-Man" in a movie. (thumbs u

-J.

So Ms Marvel, Black Panther, Deadpool and Dr Strange are just going to drop out of thin air?

+1

-J.

-J.

So Ms Marvel, Black Panther, Deadpool and Dr Strange are just going to drop out of thin air?

Can't speak on fox's plans for deadpool, but marvel has said they are just jumping right into the action from now on, as the "origin story" movies have become redundant. Whether or not they backtrack on that, who knows, but they do seem headed in that direction with Ant-Man even (at least judging from the trailers).

-J.