• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate Fallout 4

575 posts in this topic

Why does spider-man need to take off his mask in Civil War?

If he is a minor character in the movie, he can only be present in action scenes. If he is a major character, the mask will have to come off, and Peter Parker will be involved in a number of scenes.

So one movie critic makes an otherwise unsubstantiated claim, and all hell breaks loose? :facepalm:

I personally think they're going to go a different direction

The recent spidey is done. The movies are sad compared to the hits in 2014. Maybe a well written Miles would be a breath of fresh air.

I'm not saying there can not be a good Miles Spider-man movie. I'm saying I would be absolutely floored if the first Spider-man in the MCU is not Peter Parker. It would shock me for a number of reasons, but I'll list the top most:

1. Even non-comic fans know that Peter Parker is Spider-man; if it isn't Peter in the movies, you now have to use time to explain. I don't see there being a ton of time for this in Civil War.

2. No one wants to see another origin movie, we literally just had one a few years ago. A new origin movie would be the 3rd Spider-man origin movie in less than 15 years, and the second since 2012.

3. If Sony wanted to do it as some sort of news grabber, then that is fine, but they would still have to coordinate it with Marvel since their Spider-man projects are now in bed with the MCU - see #1.

The outside shot of this actually happening... Peter Parker dies in Civil War, and Sony's new Spider-man movie stars Miles. We still have to deal with the second entry from the list above, so I view even this as unlikely.

Nick Fury is white right? lol

I realize its a stretch as well, but somehow this got leaked. Personally I think Sony and Marvel are just floating the idea to see how it goes over.

Either way its just speculation at this point. Should be interesting to see what this week brings.

I couldn't agree more that Sony and Marvel throw things out into the universe to monitor the feedback/buzz of potential films and or characters. I beleive the Deadpool footage was also intentionally released "leaked" to see if enough buzz followed to see if it was worthy of devoting the money into creating the film.

Why would they not throw a blogger an off record bone to see where it goes? Marvel does staff individuals, as I'm sure any company's do to follow the trends of social media for business decisions.

It's even in job descriptions. The following is taken straight from Marvel.

Social Media Internsare required 2-3 days a week (one of which must be Friday) and are involved in social media reporting and analysis, assisting in maintaining the Marvel Audience Network, various online research projects, and participation in brainstorming sessions. An interest in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and emerging social media networks/technologies is a must. You should be internet savvy, and have strong writing, research, and Excel skills. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task also important. Apply to be a Social Media intern.

#Miles+Gwen

So one movie critic makes an otherwise unsubstantiated claim, and all hell breaks loose? :facepalm:

I personally think they're going to go a different direction

The recent spidey is done. The movies are sad compared to the hits in 2014. Maybe a well written Miles would be a breath of fresh air.

I'm not saying there can not be a good Miles Spider-man movie. I'm saying I would be absolutely floored if the first Spider-man in the MCU is not Peter Parker. It would shock me for a number of reasons, but I'll list the top most:

1. Even non-comic fans know that Peter Parker is Spider-man; if it isn't Peter in the movies, you now have to use time to explain. I don't see there being a ton of time for this in Civil War.

2. No one wants to see another origin movie, we literally just had one a few years ago. A new origin movie would be the 3rd Spider-man origin movie in less than 15 years, and the second since 2012.

3. If Sony wanted to do it as some sort of news grabber, then that is fine, but they would still have to coordinate it with Marvel since their Spider-man projects are now in bed with the MCU - see #1.

The outside shot of this actually happening... Peter Parker dies in Civil War, and Sony's new Spider-man movie stars Miles. We still have to deal with the second entry from the list above, so I view even this as unlikely.

Nick Fury is white right? lol

I realize its a stretch as well, but somehow this got leaked. Personally I think Sony and Marvel are just floating the idea to see how it goes over.

Either way its just speculation at this point. Should be interesting to see what this week brings.

I couldn't agree more that Sony and Marvel throw things out into the universe to monitor the feedback/buzz of potential films and or characters. I beleive the Deadpool footage was also intentionally released "leaked" to see if enough buzz followed to see if it was worthy of devoting the money into creating the film.

Why would they not throw a blogger an off record bone to see where it goes? Marvel does staff individuals, as I'm sure any company's do to follow the trends of social media for business decisions.

It's even in job descriptions. The following is taken straight from Marvel.

Social Media Internsare required 2-3 days a week (one of which must be Friday) and are involved in social media reporting and analysis, assisting in maintaining the Marvel Audience Network, various online research projects, and participation in brainstorming sessions. An interest in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and emerging social media networks/technologies is a must. You should be internet savvy, and have strong writing, research, and Excel skills. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task also important. Apply to be a Social Media intern.

#Miles+Gwen

usi3pHb.jpg

... OK, so I don't know that it isn't going to happen, but it's midnight and I'm tired and I thought it may be funny!

That was funny. I hope it does happen. I'm not sweating it but feel it would be refreshing to stray off a beaten path. Now, only if it's done well. I couldn't get I to Garfield at all and Tobey was fun and fitting for its time.

I'd rather not really try and beleive that studios or even Marvel or DC really are concerned with what die hard comic fans think. I can't imagine more than 15% of the people that showed up to see The Avengers in the theater actually currently read comics.

Miles may be a stretch but anything can happen. I'm sure they even have a intern watching all the UF buzz sales lol...but a Gwen movie, now that is a lock! :cloud9:

That was funny. I hope it does happen. I'm not sweating it but feel it would be refreshing to stray off a beaten path. Now, only if it's done well. I couldn't get I to Garfield at all and Tobey was fun and fitting for its time.

I'd rather not really try and beleive that studios or even Marvel or DC really are concerned with what die hard comic fans think. I can't imagine more than 15% of the people that showed up to see The Avengers in the theater actually currently read comics.

Miles may be a stretch but anything can happen. I'm sure they even have a intern watching all the UF buzz sales lol...but a Gwen movie, now that is a lock! :cloud9:

I agree with you completely - but I see those reasons as a reason why they would stick with Parker. He's familiar, even to non-comic readers.

If Sony knew what they were doing, they would spin out their own cinematic universe and include Miles (do they even own the character's rights for film? I'm not sure how that works, I know they have 'Spider-man', but is that Peter Parker only?) and others, but I wouldn't hold my breathe.

He is without a doubt familiar but it may just be too soon to push another Peter and another story we've seen pretty recently and I can't see them sticking Spidey into a vault to tap into later down the road to cash in on him. Maybe that doesn't phase them and want to cram out another mediocre film but I'd have little to no interest to head to the theaters to see another Peter so soon.

There are certain people in love with me.

And for that I :acclaim:

Shame on me for seeing that the right person or persons gets credit for providing information that likely lead to financial benefit of others.

Maybe you could actually, you know, credit your sources on your blog.

This is my last post on this because I don't care about your trollings.

Before I had a blog you were always very negative Jimmy Linguini, one time I went to send you a PM to see what was up with that and guess what? I couldn't, oh no! :o (maybe you should actual figure out how to ignore someone?)

I don't remember the specifics of the Ultimate Fallout #4 post, I largely write my posts on mondays and schedule them- but if there is one person I wouldn't take credit away from its the authority. I actually do largely credit my sources which is seen on my blog, but again, you only post about me because of some kind of weird jealously and thats fine, but don't think I'm the only one who sees it. (thumbs u

I didn't want to respond to this but I didn't want you to think I was ignoring it. I like both of you guys and I don't care who gets credit. Thank you both for the kind words. I look at this site as one big, mostly happy, slightly dysfunctional family. We all share info and that is what makes the place so cool. I also know that while we all disagree from time to time, we mostly agree and love comics. Anyway, don't worry, be happy. :grin:

Why does spider-man need to take off his mask in Civil War?

If he is a minor character in the movie, he can only be present in action scenes. If he is a major character, the mask will have to come off, and Peter Parker will be involved in a number of scenes.

I didn't watch the Avengers movie.

But does every Avenger know every other Avengers secret Identity? I thought that was just a Nick Fury knows all but not anyone else type situation. Which would have spider-man in a lot of scenes in costume - its just "who voices him" or "what costume is he wearing" that would put him in a lot of non-action scenes in costume.