• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pressing in new york?

13 posts in this topic

There are always different ways to look at the same thing.

Does it really matter whether a newbie knows how "newbie" they are (whatever that may mean)? Really? Not to me any way, sorry. After all, how are they supposed to have figured that out. Wasn't every one a newbie once? Did every one have it "figured out" right away? Really?

One can choose to disparage others. One can choose to bully others. Or one can be kind. Kindness never hurts.

If I knew the answer to his question, I would answer it, but unfortunately I don't.

But if some one else does, may be that is the kind of reply that could be posted here.

Does it really matter whether a newbie knows how "newbie" they are (whatever that may mean)? Really? Not to me any way, sorry. After all, how are they supposed to have figured that out. Wasn't every one a newbie once? Did every one have it "figured out" right away? Really?

One can choose to disparage others. One can choose to bully others. Or one can be kind. Kindness never hurts.

If I knew the answer to his question, I would answer it, but unfortunately I don't.

But if some one else does, may be that is the kind of reply that could be posted here.

+1

+1

Guys, my late night, one line rant was probably not appropriate. I apologize to the newbie for simply being a newbie. However, my knee jerk reaction was more directed to the question itself. As a long time collector and someone who appreciates original books in their original state, I get irritated by these types of questions. For a newbie's first post on the Boards to be asking about pressing is discouraging to me.

Also, when I was a newbie, I introduced myself, showed off some books, particpated in some threads, etc. I got to know the community. Seems like nowadays the newbies come on here simply to take. Sorry. :preach: