• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Really? Drawings of test tubes arent first appearances

57 posts in this topic

So. I am currently collecting every Cyber appearance I can get my hands on. There are some great issues in there, but it looks like Wolverine 80 is going to have to wait awhile.

Can someone please explain how one drawing in one panel of a test tube qualifies as a first appearance. What it seems like to me, and this is just my opinion , there are some people reaching REALLY REALLY hard and far to make a buck off of over printed modern issues. Actually its not the people remarking this "first appearance" that's the issue. Its the people buying an inflated issue and swallowing this garbage.

So, just being a guy who wants to complete his collection,how long till THIS bubble bursts?

I am positive there are a lot more in 9.8 raw out there.

I am picking up slabbed 9.8 issues around $40.

I am not talking about Cyber, I'm talking about a test tube.

Its like UXM 201 but with X23 and instead of Baby Nathan it's a test tube. You are correct though, Psi. Calling this a cameo is a stretch.

Really? I didn't know about UXM 201 either (started collecting around UXM 300.

I'm gonna check that one out. Wasn't Sinister the one who created Cable? I am confused

It is the influx of pop culture key chaser who are only in the hobby because it is the in thing to do. When the next cool thing to do comes around the hobby will reset. Hopefully it is not as bad for comics as the 90's but some of the stupid overpricing of some issues will discontinue. JMHO Go buy a motorcycle now, there is still a glut of them from that pop culture trend sitting in garages all over the US.

Unless you collect issues with test tubes, why bother with the issue. If you don't believe its the first appearance of whomever, don't bother with it. Be a man, not a sheep. Collect what you want, not what the herd is.

Unless you collect issues with test tubes, why bother with the issue. If you don't believe its the first appearance of whomever, don't bother with it. Be a man, not a sheep. Collect what you want, not what the herd is.

(thumbs u

Let the rest of us collect Cyber in peace lol

I think this thread is more about the frustration of a Cyber completionist expressing his frustration about having to pay a premium on Wolverine 80 for no valid reason (test tube).

I think he pointed out that he was trying to buy it because he was finishing his run & complaining of the stupid test tube bumping up the prices when it was nothing but an easter egg & making it harder/more expensive to complete his run.

I have the same problem with this issue. Trying to finish my complete run of Wolverine & this is one of those "it's a book people want $10 for amidst a bunch of $1 books for no reason & I'm not paying the hyped up price"

I have the same problem with this issue. Trying to finish my complete run of Wolverine & this is one of those "it's a book people want $10 for amidst a bunch of $1 books for no reason & I'm not paying the hyped up price"

Part of the problem here is that people are happily paying the $5-10 for this book. Why would a seller list it for $1 when he can get $10? (shrug)

I'm not buying into the hype of a test tube first appearance either, but as a seller it would be irresponsible of me to sell my extra couple of copies for $1 when I can get 10x more than that.

Part of the problem here is that people are happily paying the $5-10 for this book. Why would a seller list it for $1 when he can get $10? (shrug)

I'm not buying into the hype of a test tube first appearance either, but as a seller it would be irresponsible of me to sell my extra couple of copies for $1 when I can get 10x more than that.

Oh, I'm not getting upset or blaming sellers. If people with more money than brains want to hand you 10x what I'm willing to pay, then more power to you. Make money, son! Just pointing out that it's a little ridiculous & saying "nope, not gonna pay it". It's just a matter of time & patience before I dig one out of a $1 bin at a shop or convention or something like I have with 95% of the rest of that Wolverine run.

I'll just wait until either the hype over a test tube disappears & everyone agrees that it's not a "cameo" or I'll find one in a dollar bin. Just find it amusing/frustrating that it's just making my run slightly harder to fill out.