• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Death of Wolverine 1A Holofoil Error

17 posts in this topic

Cool book.

I know these kind of errors usually go for some nice money, so nice buy!

The census has 4 graded with qualified labels... considering there are like 20 variants I never was interested in the series till I saw this one... I'm actually a lttle excited to get it today the seller is about an hr away...

BUMP

Interesting that this one doesnt seem to be "qualified"

Honestly, its more frustrating to me.

CGC has been always been horribly inconsistent with labeling manufacturing errors.

Some say it depends on who you are when you submit. No evidence of that, but its either that or gross negligence. Either way, quite frustrating indeed.

BUMP

CGC has been always been horribly inconsistent with labeling manufacturing errors.

Some say it depends on who you are when you submit. No evidence of that, but its either that or gross negligence. Either way, quite frustrating indeed.

I still dont understand how can CGC make an observation on whether it was incomplete or an error in production. Pardon me for my ignorance as I have never owned a copy of DOW #1, but is the "gloss coat" printed ON the cover, or is it simply a protective additional cover which can be easily removed?

BUMP

I still dont understand how can CGC make an observation on whether it was incomplete or an error in production. Pardon me for my ignorance as I have never owned a copy of DOW #1, but is the "gloss coat" printed ON the cover, or is it simply a protective additional cover which can be easily removed?

Its added to the cover during the printing process. Its not something that can be removed by peeling it. Most comics have some sort of gloss added to make the colors more " vibrant". If you look at some CGC graded golden and silver age restored key books, some will note " re-glossed" as the original gloss was worn down. DOW # 1 had a thick cover stock and very heavy glossing, which this book is missing = manufacturing error ( green label - AKA something is missing )

BUMP

Its added to the cover during the printing process. Its not something that can be removed by peeling it. Most comics have some sort of gloss added to make the colors more " vibrant". If you look at some CGC graded golden and silver age restored key books, some will note " re-glossed" as the original gloss was worn down. DOW # 1 had a thick cover stock and very heavy glossing, which this book is missing = manufacturing error ( green label - AKA something is missing )

In that case it should definitely be considered an error. I think that the OP should resubmit the book for correction... Esp since the other one I pointed out wasnt considered incomplete (even though it is lol

BUMP

It has the gloss....that looks like the regular version, where as the one the OP posted has no gloss......

Did CGC drop the ball on the SS copy,....or maybe IDK what gloss is (shrug)

BUMP

It has the gloss....that looks like the regular version, where as the one the OP posted has no gloss......

Did CGC drop the ball on the SS copy,....or maybe IDK what gloss is (shrug)

Is the gloss supposed to be on the overall cover or just certain parts?

OP?