• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Thread "Legends of Tomorrow" TV Show
1 1

704 posts in this topic

http://deadline.com/2015/02/arrow-flash-spin-off-cw-new-superhero-series-1201382466/

EXCLUSIVE: DC Comics superheroes are uniting in a potential new drama series at the CW, a spinoff from hits Arrow and The Flash that will feature several fan-favorite recurring actors/characters from both shows. I have learned that the network has teamed with Arrow creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim for a project eyed for next season toplined by Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller and Caity Lotz.

The untitled project, now in development, is described as a superhero team-up show. Routh, Miller and Garber will reprise their popular DC Comics characters — Arrow‘s Ray Palmer/The Atom (Routh), Flash villain Leonard Snart/Captain Cold (Miller), and Flash‘s Dr. Martin Stein (Garber). Because her Arrow character Sara Lance was killed off, with her sister Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) taking over as the Black Canary, it is unclear whether Lotz will play the same or new superhero.

The project is in early stages of development, so there is a possibility for other Arrow/Flash characters to cross over to the new spinoff. Additionally, in a tidbit that should get fans fired up, I have learned the new project will include three major DC Comics characters who have never appeared in a TV series.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been seeing this coming for a while with all the characters they have been introducing. However, I always thought it would be sort of a TV Justice League with Arrow, Flash, ATOM, Firestorm, and Black Canary and of course the occasional Arsenal.

Either way, this is pretty cool :headbang:

Edited by Chris_Skeleton

Great news! Curious to see who everyone thinks the 3 other characters will be. Black Canary is who I am lookin forward to the most I think

Edit: Have Booster Gold or Blue Beetle appeared on TV before? Blue Beetle hasn't, right?

Edited by majawi

I would love to see something like a World's Finest team-up.

Great news! Curious to see who everyone thinks the 3 other characters will be. Black Canary is who I am lookin forward to the most I think

Edit: Have Booster Gold or Blue Beetle appeared on TV before? Blue Beetle hasn't, right?

- Booster Gold: I don't think so. Not yet, other than referenced in Man of Steel.

- Blue Beetle: Not yet.

- Captain Atom: Oh please yes. If Fox was able to figure out how to deliver Silver Surfer (though not with the best -script), then the technology is there to pull this off.

Both Booster Gold and Blue Beetle appeared on the show Smallville. DC has already announced that they have plans for Ted Kord in one capacity or another. They previously restricted his use in either Arrow or The Flash shows but weren't specific about their intent. This show may be the reason why, or they might be posturing themselves for his use on the big screen. They recently re-introduced him into the New 52 in their Forever Evil storyline. Clearly there's something Blue Beetle on the horizon.

If they bring Ted to any screen it's a safe bet you'll see Booster Gold follow.

Both Booster Gold and Blue Beetle appeared on the show Smallville. DC has already announced that they have plans for Ted Kord in one capacity or another. They previously restricted his use in either Arrow or The Flash shows but weren't specific about their intent. This show may be the reason why, or they might be posturing themselves for his use on the big screen. They recently re-introduced him into the New 52 in their Forever Evil storyline. Clearly there's something Blue Beetle on the horizon.

If they bring Ted to any screen it's a safe bet you'll see Booster Gold follow.

That's what I'm thinking as well, I think Blue Beetle has enough of a fan base that he's bound to show up in something and this may be it. I hope it is. I actually bought a Captain Atom #83 (1st Ted Kord) last night, kind of prompted by this announcement...but mostly because I've been wanting that book for awhile and if BB is announced it will probably cost more than I'd like to pay for it.

I've heard speculation that one of the 3 may be Vixen as well.

I am going to geek out if it is titled The Brave and The Bold. I figured we were going to see some kind of spin off as the shows looked like they were going to become too crowded with everyone they have brought in.

This was my first thought for the title.

If we`re talking The Brave and The Bold,then Wildcat must be considered.

Always thought the character was cool.

The-Brave-and-The-Bold-118-Batman-Wildcat.jpg

Batman_Wildcat_3.jpg

Yeah on both fronts with Vixen and Wildcat. Wildcat actually showed up on Arrow recently I believe and the Vixen animated series is supposed to be in the same continuity as both Arrow and Flash with voices done by the respective actors. It's supposed to be canonical. In fact they went as far as saying that events taking place on the animated series would carry over onto the live action and vice versa.

The more I see them make a play for Vixen, the more I'm thinking John Stewart is going to be the GL we eventually see onscreen.

Report Reveals THE FLASH/ARROW Spin-Off Will Be Titled LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

In an article discussing current international television trends, Variety seem to have revealed the current title for the series: Legends of Tomorrow. The name matches up with a comment from The Flash actor John Wesley Shipp, who referred to the spin-off as Legends several days ago. It also echoes the anthology-style comic book series Legends of the DC Universe, which ran from 1998 until 2001.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MintyNewsAndReviews/news/?a=120263

Earlier today, The CW revealed that their much-anticipated DC Comics spin-off series would be titled Legends Of Tomorrow. While no official release date was confirmed, the show is unlikely to air until Fall 2015 (at the very earliest). However, it seems we may be seeing a few of the heroes pop-up a little earlier than expected - according to Ciara Renée, a.k.a. Hawkgirl!

DC's LEGENDS OF TOMORROW: First Image, Synopsis Released, Revealing Hawkgirl, Rip Hunter, White Canary

The CW has released the first look at DC's Legends of Tomorrow, the new series spinning out of Arrow and The Flash and starring Brandon Routh, Caity Lotz and Victor Garber in roles from those shows.

Launching at mid season, the show already has some of its work cut out for it -- explaining how a couple of its leads are even alive, and why Victor Garber has no Robbie Amell to make Firestorm with him.

Curiously absent from this image is Franz Drameh, who will play Jay Jackson, apparently a new character, or at least a new civilian identity for an old character. That mystery hero may get his powers during the actual series, which might explain why he's not here for this initial photo. One also must wonder whether he will appear with Ciarra Renee and other members of the Legends of Tomorrow cast on The Flash's season finale next week.

legends-of-tomorrow-135712.jpg