• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Thread "Legends of Tomorrow" TV Show
1 1

704 posts in this topic

Legends of Tomorrow Moving to Tuesday Nights

Deadline reports that beginning January 24, 2017, Legends of Tomorrow will be moving from Thursdays at 8pm to Tuesdays at 9pm following The Flash (as the doomed No Tomorrow comes to an end). It won't be a long stint, however; Legends doesn't have a full 22 episode season, so in April it will be replaced in its Tuesday slot by iZombie.

Trouble for Legends?

The ratings for Legends of Tomorrow season 2 have not been encouraging for those hoping for a season 3. The show has lost half of its overall viewers since the series premiere, and is even down in the key 18-49 demo this season, averaging .62 as compared to approximately .85 last season.

With The Flash being the hit that it is (with ratings once again spiking), placing Legends after it could fairly be interpreted as a last-ditch move to rebuild the fanbase, using Flash as a conduit. So if fans want the show to continue, there better stay tuned after Barry Allen has had his run.

That's a shame on Legends' ratings, as this season is far superior to last season.

I know I'm in the minority but I don't like what they're doing to some of my favorite characters. But I get that others may enjoy the show regardless. I think it's a good idea to move it to Tuesday after Flash.

Are they bringing Rick Hunter back?
IMDB has Rip in the cast of tomorrow's episode, but I don't see him in any of the pics.

What are they up to? Flying around in the Time Master's ship without the Time Master...? That's a bit like Blake's 7 without Blake. Sort of...

Deadline reports that beginning January 24, 2017, Legends of Tomorrow will be moving from Thursdays at 8pm to Tuesdays at 9pm following The Flash (as the doomed No Tomorrow comes to an end). It won't be a long stint, however; Legends doesn't have a full 22 episode season, so in April it will be replaced in its Tuesday slot by iZombie.

Trouble for Legends?

The ratings for Legends of Tomorrow season 2 have not been encouraging for those hoping for a season 3. The show has lost half of its overall viewers since the series premiere, and is even down in the key 18-49 demo this season, averaging .62 as compared to approximately .85 last season.

With The Flash being the hit that it is (with ratings once again spiking), placing Legends after it could fairly be interpreted as a last-ditch move to rebuild the fanbase, using Flash as a conduit. So if fans want the show to continue, there better stay tuned after Barry Allen has had his run.

That's a shame on Legends' ratings, as this season is far superior to last season.

If you look at article I posted earlier the upped their episode order from 13 to 17 so they must be doing ok

Trouble for Legends?

If you look at article I posted earlier the upped their episode order from 13 to 17 so they must be doing ok

I would think so, as has been noted the flow of the show is so much better now. And the characters they have used add to the stories. It will most probably be okay.

I hope so. I really enjoyed last week's episode.

I mean, come on, zombies and Civil War? Someone was thinking there!

. As I had said, I gave up part way through S1 but got back into S2 due to all the crossover possibilities and the Supergirl move to CW. Glad I did as Legends just keeps getting better.