• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some advice on a no show seller

26 posts in this topic

I bought a book from a member here in Sept, it was a con exclusive and was meant to be signed and graded. I paid for it and had been getting updates on the book up until December. Since then the user hasn't read any PM's, posted on the boards or answered any emails. He has been a member for over 7 years so I wasn't too worried about paying up front, and I still feel like maybe he's been too busy or something, but at the same time, it's probably passed the point where I can reverse my payment or anything.

Should I keep waiting?

I haven't ventured into the probation threads in a really long time. I don't know what the rules are anymore. But I would imagine this would fall into the category of being nominated for the PL. I would double-check that though and not take my word for it. If it is inline with the rules, I would nominate after that long a time with no response and no book.

I'd also start by checking to see if he's posted much in the interim. You say he hasn't responded to your messages...that's certainly twice as infuriating if he's been around and posting often.

But if he's basically vanished from the site, you might want to see if anyone knows him personally and has a better contact method for him. He obviously could have personal reasons why he's not around and that's why it's better to keep this private and not public. Hopefully you can find a way to do that without calling him out in public (at this point). .. but he's also kept you hanging for three months so everyone will understand your frustration (including him, I assume).

Either way, sorry you're having to deal with this and best wishes getting it resolved.

Oh the other thing to check with? Are there others who made the same order as you? Check to see if they got anything.

I'd also start by checking to see if he's posted much in the interim. You say he hasn't responded to your messages...that's certainly twice as infuriating if he's been around and posting often.

But if he's basically vanished from the site, you might want to see if anyone knows him personally and has a better contact method for him. He obviously could have personal reasons why he's not around and that's why it's better to keep this private and not public. Hopefully you can find a way to do that without calling him out in public (at this point). .. but he's also kept you hanging for three months so everyone will understand your frustration (including him, I assume).

Either way, sorry you're having to deal with this and best wishes getting it resolved.

Oh the other thing to check with? Are there others who made the same order as you? Check to see if they got anything.

Ya he hasn't posted to the site since January, it was like he just disappeared. He was quick to respond to everything before hand. I don't really want to out him, it's very possible that the books are still at CGC lol

but it is :frustrated:

They were supposed to be submitted around the first week of Nov as fast track and the last update was the end of Dec saying he was going to pick them up and give me a tracking number... then nothing.

I've messaged a few others that bought in the thread, to see what they know.

If you need help in probation thread send me a pm and I will help walk you through it. If he comes through with it you can always immediately retract but it may help you get things moving.

They were supposed to be submitted around the first week of Nov as fast track and the last update was the end of Dec saying he was going to pick them up and give me a tracking number... then nothing.

I've messaged a few others that bought in the thread, to see what they know.

Highly doubtful they are still at CGC if they were submitted in November. If the guy fell off the map completely like that either he has gone to the dark side or there are personal issues going on.

Ya the payment was actually sent on Oct 4th.

Also, after re-reading some old emails, he did say he had a death in the family in early Dec, so that may be an issue.

It's still a long time to wait.

Ya the payment was actually sent on Oct 4th.

Also, after re-reading some old emails, he did say he had a death in the family in early Dec, so that may be an issue.

It's still a long time to wait.

u

Ya something's not right ...... Good luck bro, hope it works out.

So, I heard from another of his customers who received his book 4-5 weeks ago. He mentioned that he had to keep bothering him about it, and was told there were health and family issues happening. (shrug)