• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect Event Auction!

794 posts in this topic

Thanks, yep, I see it now. (thumbs u Closed at $461.

:hi: Thanks J that's the one it closed at a hair above $460. I actually was only kidding I really want the #32 most (awesome U.S Jones/Hitler cover and has a great add for Weird Comics #20)

16935601746_7de66d4302_c.jpg

I regretably didn't bid too aggressively at this copy even though I think it went at a very fair price. To be honest I was expecting it to go easily above $500 as recent GPA sales of a 3.0 were at $1200 and a 4.0 at over $3100. I think I have learned with rarer books its the entry levels that are getting increasingly expensive as one just tries to get their foot in the door. Great book though I hope a boardie snagged it!! :wishluck:

:hi: Thanks J that's the one it closed at a hair above $460. I actually was only kidding I really want the #32 most (awesome U.S Jones/Hitler cover and has a great add for Weird Comics #20)

I regretably didn't bid too aggressively at this copy even though I think it went at a very fair price. To be honest I was expecting it to go easily above $500 as recent GPA sales of a 3.0 were at $1200 and a 4.0 at over $3100. I think I have learned with rarer books its the entry levels that are getting increasingly expensive as one just tries to get their foot in the door. Great book though I hope a boardie snagged it!! :wishluck:

Cool book. I have always been partial to US Jones no# 2 that is a sweet Nazi cover.

Cool book. I have always been partial to US Jones no# 2 that is a sweet Nazi cover.

Me too...now please find me a copy!!! :grin:

I agree totally on the tec 33 cgc 6.5 for 36k. It was a great deal. I am ready to buy if anyone wants to sell for the $5700-$5800 per point. Please pm me!!!

Why didn't you bid on the 6.5? Or did you win it and want more? Just curious

I agree totally on the tec 33 cgc 6.5 for 36k. It was a great deal. I am ready to buy if anyone wants to sell for the $5700-$5800 per point. Please pm me!!!

Why didn't you bid on the 6.5?

:popcorn:

I passed on bidding because of the PQ and I am probably standing alone here but I actually thought the final hammer was high for it. (shrug)

I passed on bidding because of the PQ and I am probably standing alone here but I actually thought the final hammer was high for it. (shrug)

Interesting. I thought the price was somewhat low. Why do you think the price was too high?

Interesting. I thought the price was somewhat low. Why do you think the price was too high?

Tan to OW is a turn off to some. I know it would be for me.

Tan to OW is a turn off to some. I know it would be for me.

I agree with the page quality being a turn off, but I thought the book would still be closer to 40k. (shrug)

To each his own, but...."light tan to off white" on the label "PQ" for a mega key GA book with only 40 blue labels on the census is a "turn off"? (shrug)

I've seen taped up brittle GA books with missing back covers break GPA records on a regular basis.

The tec 33 was low. Buyer made out.

Meanwhile the restored 1.0 ended up at $6k.

-J.

To each his own, but...."light tan to off white" on the label "PQ" for a mega key GA book with only 40 blue labels on the census is a "turn off"? (shrug)

I've seen taped up brittle GA books with missing back covers break GPA records on a regular basis.

The tec 33 was low. Buyer made out.

Meanwhile the restored 1.0 ended up at $6k.

-J.

Yeah, it's a personal preference to me and others as well. But if the rest has no problems with PQ at all, than more power to them. I also wouldn't consider Tec 33 a "mega key." It is a key for sure.