• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

I always thought the perfect Spidey movie would have Kraven and The Lizard.

Early in the movie Curt Conners turns into the Lizard, going on a rampage in NYC, which leads to the city calling on Kraven to come hunt down this lizard that is terrorizing the city (I can already see theJJJ OpEd piece calling for it).

During the hunt, Kraven (becoming obsessed with his prey) becomes the real threat, working above the law and endangering the public.Spidey comes in to try and protect his friend (Pete knows that The Lizard is really Curt) from Kraven and Kraven then sees that Spidey is the read 'big game' in NYC so he goes rogue and tries to take out Spidey.

In the final battle between Spidey and Kraven, the lizard gets a sense of his own humanity, recognizes Peter Parker/Spidey in some way, and comes to to Spidey's aid, attacking Kraven. This gives Spider-man the opportunity to regain the upper hand and defeat Kraven.

Vulture could work if they focus more on him as a psychological villain. Have him really mess with Peter's life, much like Green Goblin in the first movie.

I think the first spidey storyline I read was Lifetheft, which was followed by Pursuit. The way both Vulture and Chameleon messed with Peter and and the way in which he reacted by almost snapping was an intriguing and awesome read when I was 9 or 10.

I highly doubt either one of those storylines would be anywhere near the top of the list for consideration, but those situations and how Peter reacted where what drew me to the character early on.

Early in the movie Curt Conners turns into the Lizard, going on a rampage in NYC, which leads to the city calling on Kraven to come hunt down this lizard that is terrorizing the city (I can already see theJJJ OpEd piece calling for it).

During the hunt, Kraven (becoming obsessed with his prey) becomes the real threat, working above the law and endangering the public.Spidey comes in to try and protect his friend (Pete knows that The Lizard is really Curt) from Kraven and Kraven then sees that Spidey is the read 'big game' in NYC so he goes rogue and tries to take out Spidey.

In the final battle between Spidey and Kraven, the lizard gets a sense of his own humanity, recognizes Peter Parker/Spidey in some way, and comes to to Spidey's aid, attacking Kraven. This gives Spider-man the opportunity to regain the upper hand and defeat Kraven.

Great idea. I'd pay to see this film.

I like this idea, too. But I think it'd make more sense with Peter in college. With him in high school the relationship with Connors makes less sense.

I like this idea, too. But I think it'd make more sense with Peter in college. With him in high school the relationship with Connors makes less sense.

Unless they dual enroll him, high school student in some college classes.

That'd be a nice twist as well, and very plausible. Fish out of water scenario since he's smart enough to take college courses.

That'd be a nice twist as well, and very plausible. Fish out of water scenario since he's smart enough to take college courses.

and its well establised that Parker is a smartie.

PS please note the lack of origin story in my synopsis. Origin would be encapsulated in a few fast shots hitting the high points leading up to the movie title splash leading right into Spidey swinging through Manhattan #NoMoreOrigins #GetToTheGoodStuff

(and glad people like the story idea, thanks!)

and its well establised that Parker is a smartie.

PS please note the lack of origin story in my synopsis. Origin would be encapsulated in a few fast shots hitting the high points leading up to the movie title splash leading right into Spidey swinging through Manhattan #NoMoreOrigins #GetToTheGoodStuff

(and glad people like the story idea, thanks!)

Really liked your idea. One question though, what happens to Lizard after the final battle?

Also, you forgot the Stan Lee and Kingpin cameos :baiting:

Edited by Chris_Skeleton

Barbieri is expected to play a character named Ganke. Here’s where things get … complicated. Ganke, fans of the Ultimate Spider-Man line of comics will know, is the best friend of a Spider-Man, but not of Peter Parker. Ganke was the best friend of Miles Morales, another character blessed with the powers of Spider-Man.

Is Marvel and Sony blending the two character universes?

Robert Downey Jr. Trolls Fans With Funny Spider-Man: Homecoming Tease

AvnJdK1.png

robert-downey-troll-185102.jpg

When Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark met Marisa Tomei's Aunt May in Captain America: Civil War, I can reasonably assume that some fans saw some potential in the pairing.

Downey Jr. decided to throw out the subtlety, however, and posted a photoshopped image of him and Aunt May getting to know each other far better than Civil War let on, with the caption "Auntie May I?"

lol

Robert Downey Jr. Trolls Fans With Funny Spider-Man: Homecoming Tease

AvnJdK1.png

robert-downey-troll-185102.jpg

When Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark met Marisa Tomei's Aunt May in Captain America: Civil War, I can reasonably assume that some fans saw some potential in the pairing.

Downey Jr. decided to throw out the subtlety, however, and posted a photoshopped image of him and Aunt May getting to know each other far better than Civil War let on, with the caption "Auntie May I?"

lol

:roflmao: I can actually see this playing out.

Kenneth Choi Is On Board For Spider-Man: Homecoming

choi-spidey-185541.jpg

Actor Kenneth Choi is the latest addition to Sony and Marvel's upcoming joint venture Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The actor joins the talented cast of Spidey's latest relaunch as the principal at Peter Parker's school (according to Deadline). Peter will be played by Captain America: Civil War standout Tom Holland in his first solo feature in the iconic role.

This isn't Choi's first interaction with the Marvel Universe, however, as he was also a key member of Captain America's (Chris Evans) ragtag group of soldiers in his first solo film Captain America: The First Avenger. Choi played Jim Morita, a part he later reprised in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Will the actor finally look like a teenager when the movie is filmed? I have kids on the 10 year old Spring Hockey team I coach that look more mature, and a couple that are almost as tall/heavy as him. lol

Edited by kimik

Huh.

THE MARTIAN's Donald Glover Joins SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

If23T5t.png

It wasn't long ago that fans were creating petitions to have Sony cast Donald Glover as the new Spider-Man back when Marc Webb was just getting the Amazing Spider-Man films off the ground. Many were hoping that the actor/rapper would play the role of the newly created Ultimate Spider-Man, Miles Morales. Considering that the character's creator, Brian Michael Bendis, based Miles' physical appearance on Glover, it seemed like a perfect fit, despite the immense age difference.

While Glover was never seriously considered for a role in the Amazing Spider-Man duology, he did have the opportunity to voice the young Miles Morales in an episode of Disney XD's Ultimate Spider-Man, and now, it looks like Glover is going to join Tom Holland on the big screen. According to Deadline, Glover is currently in talks to join the cast of 2017's Spider-Man: Homecoming.