• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

I believe it would take at least 4 Spider-Man movies to do the symbiote/Venom/Carnage justice.

1.Parker fights random villain, Brock is a bully/rival, Kasady is a background character.

2. Parker gets black suit and fights another major villain, shames Brock, Brock becomes Venom at the end, Kasady still a background character

3. Entire movie of Spider-Man vs Venom, Kasady is now in prison

4. Brock breaks out of prison, Kasady gets Carnage symbiote, Venom an Spider-Man team up against him

This does make the most sense. So if there is a Carnage appearance, it will be Cletus in a brief appearance meant to lay the groundwork for the Sony-Marvel trilogy.

I believe it would take at least 4 Spider-Man movies to do the symbiote/Venom/Carnage justice.

1.Parker fights random villain, Brock is a bully/rival, Kasady is a background character.

2. Parker gets black suit and fights another major villain, shames Brock, Brock becomes Venom at the end, Kasady still a background character

4. Brock breaks out of prison, Kasady gets Carnage symbiote, Venom an Spider-Man team up against him

5. Most of this has been done already. They can't find a better storyline?

You don't know what most means. Yes Venom was done, horribly. This works rather well, we shall see how it goes

You don't know what most means. Yes Venom was done, horribly. This works rather well, we shall see how it goes

I had a similar reaction to that post too. Outside of Venom, nothing on that last has been done.

If they went a slow burn on Venom/Carnage I'm all in. If they rush it... Not so much.

I had a similar reaction to that post too. Outside of Venom, nothing on that last has been done.

If they went a slow burn on Venom/Carnage I'm all in. If they rush it... Not so much.

lol You still talking about the film here? rasta.gif

My point exactly. I realize Venom and Carnage are major baddies, but there are so many other characters to deal with. I'm kinda tired of them trying to get villains right. Enough with the Magneto's, and Goblin's and Doom's and move on.

Could Michael Mando Be Carnage In Spider-Man: Homecoming?

michaelmando-carnage-187518.png

On Wednesday, it was reported that Orphan Black and Better Call Saul actor Michael Mando has joined the cast of Spider-Man: Homecoming, though no details were provided on his role. However, yesterday, the official Better Call Saul Twitter account strongly hinted that Mando is playing Cletus Kasady, the demented and violent felon that becomes Carnage.

110ubfQ.jpg

:o

People have beem asking for Carnage for a long time. it would be amazing if they did it right. still one of my favorite storylines.

This does make the most sense. So if there is a Carnage appearance, it will be Cletus in a brief appearance meant to lay the groundwork for the Sony-Marvel trilogy.

I completely agree with the slow burn and overlapping cameo of characters that are slowly brought into the light and into focus as others fade.

Since it sounds like Sony and Marvel will continue to do cross-overs, I would expect that the symbiot suit could actually be encountered/introduced in a similar manner Secret Wars #8 style via a tie-in with a space/alien setting while assisting the Avengers/Guardians in a lead up battle/conflict against Thanos. Though that might be too far out for ASM #2 on the list above, I do agree that the suit should be introduced no earlier than #2 and no later than #3 on the list.

If I'm trying to maximize a long-term ASM spiderman franchise this is what I would do:

1. 2017 Brief Origin flashback to losing Ben, Parker fights random villain (Vulture, Dr. Octopus, Rhino (done right), Scorpion, Black Cat, etc (, Brock is introduced via cameo as a competing photographer, Kasedy is either left out or only a shown as a shadowy (face and body not visible) psycho killer (possibly in the closing credits) murdering or the aftermath of one of his serial killer crimes.

1.a 2018 Marvel tie-in: Guardian's of the Galaxy, Thor, or Avengers 3: Spidey is invited/caught in the middle/sneaks on-board a transport/ship/portal/bifrost to a far away battleground planet/realm where Marvel Heroes are trying to stop/block/defend against a great unknown powerful race/threat/Thanos/gem stones and in the process spidey comicly ends up mostly naked due to his suit being destroyed. During one of his brief scenes spidey stumbles upon the machine/technology/stasis chamber and unwittingly begins wearing the symbiotic suit. More battles ensue allowing Spidey to briefly show some of the features of his new suit. The early battle episode ends with Spidey and his suit being sent back to earth as the Marvel Heroes regroup.

2. 2019 Kraven's Last Hunt Pt 1 (A darker ASM movie) Parker is on the hunt for a serial killer in the city (possible tie in with Daredevil in a detective story style) wearing the black suit and encounters another major villain (Begin's Kraven's Last Hunt 2-part saga, Pete is captured by Kraven and is near death, Brock takes over as Bugle lead photographer in Pete's absence (development shows a good side to Brock: sick daughter, religion, using money from job to help someone), Pete ends up in grave by movies end, Kasady still a background character is referenced via news as an unknown serial killer at large in the city. Brock plagiarizes/falsifies photos/story on something (possibly naming an innocent man as the serial killer) earning him a reward and possible pulitzer candidate. End credits reveals a tattoo/hair/face/other identifying mark of Kasady and one of his most gruesome crimes.

3. 2020 Kraven's last Hunt 2: Spider-man is able to escape and defeat Kraven (possibly with help from the suit, Black Cat, Daredevil, etc). Spider-man resumes hunt for the serial killer and finds out that the suspect in custody is innocent hunts down Kasady (with Daredevil/Black Cat's help). Kasedy is found and parker exposes Brock's lies thus ruining his career (and damaging his relationship with: daughter, sick friend dies, etc). In the process Spidey begins realizing something isn't right and enlists the help of Dr. Strange/Tony Stark/Bruce Banner to reveal the secret of the suit. Spidey is able to escape the suit which soon finds a kindred soul in Eddie Brock. End of credits shows Smyth/Osborne/Kingpin plotting/recruiting/developing Sinister Six crew and suites and spider-slayers

3a. 2021 Bold part above could be the basis for this crossover: Spider-man Marvel Cross-over that sets up other cool stuff

4. 2022 Venom's Revenge: Spider-man v Venom in all out war. Venom starts off by helping to save a young girl being raped by attackers (or stopping terrorists) by brutally savaging them. She asks if he is spider-man. At first he is uplifted by realizing he was a hero, then he is angered by being called Spider-man, and then he hatches a plan to get back at spider-man. He then tries to discredit spider-man by committing acts of violence and crime while pretending to be Spider-man. While spider-man is fighting Smythes/Osbornes/Kingpins spider-slayers, venom trips him up from the shadows nearly killing him. By mid-movie Venom reveals himself, they engage in a city-wide, island-wide battle to the death possibly with Venom threatening/kidnapping Aunt May/Gwen/MJ (maybe even regretfully causing the death of Gwen in this version) At the end, Venom is defeated and Brock is sent to prison and the symbiot is at large/stored in Dr. Strange mystic stasis/etc. Credits show Smythe/Osborne/Kingpin's fully assembled Sinister Six

4a. 2023 Dr. Strange movie tie-in. In a battle/cameo where Dr. Strange's lair is attacked he loses his concentration/stasis chamber is broken and symbiot escapes unbeknownst to Dr. Strange.

5. 2024 Sinister Six movie? Spidey battles each of them 1 at a time and then all 6 of the sinister six throughout this movie. Incredible fight sequences ensues. In the meantime Eddie is cell mates with Kletus and we begin to learn more about Kletus. Brock has time to reflect on his actions and his life and begins to realize the monster he has become. He also begins to see the necessity for Spider-Man in the city without him. He also begins to doubt whether he deserves to live. Kletus is annoying the hell out of him too. Spidey enlists the help of Tony's tech and becomes the Iron Spider-Man to eventually defeat them all. Interwoven we flash back to Brock in his cell realizing that if he had a 2nd chance he could be the hero that the city needs when Spider-man is unable/unwilling to go the extra step. Kletus had been plotting to kill him and is readying to strike. As Brock ponders his 2nd chance, the symbiot has been outside waiting for Brock to choose live and leaps in and reunites. (Here's my version: Kletus lunges at Brock with a shiv as he becomes venom. Venom realizing what Kletus was about to do and wanting to teach him a lesson for all those murders bites off one/both Kletus's hands and breaks out of the cell and escapes. Closing credits shows Kletus in the prison OR with a Dr. attempting to reattach his hand(s) when they realize some ooze clinging to the hand that has just been reattached. Suddenly his whole body is consumed and he becomes Carnage!

6. 2024 Venom Movie: Venom begins his journey as the anti-hero stalking and hunting down the worst of human and superhumans. Cameo of Carnage killing more things.

7. 2025 Maximum Carnage! Begins with "Boy Who Collects Spider-man" Storyline. Spider-man stumbles upon Carnage and is nearly killed. Venom enters the mix and wants spidey to stay out of it but Venom is nearly killed by Carnage. Spider-man and Venom team up against Carnage and ultimately defeating Carnage but Spider-man is put into a coma. Venom assumes spider-man's crime fighting duties in NY. Closing credits reveal...GG/Hobgoblin/???

I'm sure they can do a much better job writing this stuff but if they can get somewhat close to making 7 movies encompassing the best of the spidey stories I'll be satisfied.

Where is this knowledge coming from? Who are the three?

I posted what I read this morning. Looking like Vulture and Carnage are strongly rumored, and I don't know how we get to Carnage without Venom. Nothing concrete yet, but shaping up to be convoluted.

I posted what I read this morning. Looking like Vulture and Carnage are strongly rumored, and I don't know how we get to Carnage without Venom. Nothing concrete yet, but shaping up to be convoluted.

Yeah Carnage without Venom is just ridiculous. I honestly cannot see Marvel allowing it, although I can totally see Sony doing something so stupid

Yeah Carnage without Venom is just ridiculous. I honestly cannot see Marvel allowing it, although I can totally see Sony doing something so stupid

They do have an established track record.

The Guardians of the Galaxy unknowingly bring the venom symbiote to earth in the GOTG 2 movie. With the Maximum Carnage movie for either Spider-Man 2 or 3 with Flash Thompson becoming Agent Venom by the end of the movie.

The Guardians of the Galaxy unknowingly bring the venom symbiote to earth in the GOTG 2 movie. With the Maximum Carnage movie for either Spider-Man 2 or 3 with Flash Thompson becoming Agent Venom by the end of the movie.

:o

I actually like that approach. And it keeps the entire connected universe going.

They do have an established track record.

And with Feige, his early days with comic productions came from Spider-Man. This most probably has a special place in his heart to get this right, and keep it going.

If anything, this may become one of their best sub-franchises yet. Especially with the massive fanbase out there, Spider-Man could be the flagship MCU character working with Sony. It sure sounds like Sony is committed thus far.

It certainly should be. Spiderman pretty much is Marvels flagship, or at least used to be. I know all my friends growing up who never had comics loved Spiderman