• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

International Trailer :52 spot.

9hbFavz.png

Looks like The Vulture and Shocker may be partners.

Dave Chappelle is in this?

lol That's Bokeem Woodbine.

he's a solid actor. Loved him in Fargo.

I've seen him before in different roles. But in Fargo, he definitely stood out.

International Trailer :52 spot.

9hbFavz.png

Looks like The Vulture and Shocker may be partners.

Dave Chappelle is in this?

lol That's Bokeem Woodbine.

he's a solid actor. Loved him in Fargo.

I think I first remember him from the ROCK

also, the newer fatter Dave Chappelle does look kinda like this guy.

love that harry osborn is a fat asian kid

Pretty sure he is Ned Leeds...he is going to look a little weird in the Hobgoblin costume.

Boy, I don't know... from the look of the character... him knowing Spider-Man's secret identity... I'd say they're pulling a bit from Ultimate here and that's Ganke.

Good looking trailer, mainly because I think they're really starting with an age-appropriate and likeable Peter, which gets you more than 1/2 way there. Add in the Marvel Universe connection and I'm thrilled.

As far as I can tell from Wiki, that's Ned Leeds.

Yup, you're right they're definitely calling him "Ned Leeds"... but it seems pretty clear that character is not in any way based on the character of Ned in the comics. He's 100 percent Ganke.

Even down the scene in the trailer when he discovers his friend is Spider-Man and breaks a lego model. I'm 90% certain that's right from the comics. (anyone got an image to back that up?)

Peter and Ned weren't high school buddies, Ned didn't know his secret, etc... and obviously physically he looks just like Ganke.

I think it's a nice choice for a blending of the stories a bit. I have no issue with it.

Be curious what others think.

Pretty sure he is Ned Leeds...he is going to look a little weird in the Hobgoblin costume.

Boy, I don't know... from the look of the character... him knowing Spider-Man's secret identity... I'd say they're pulling a bit from Ultimate here and that's Ganke.

Good looking trailer, mainly because I think they're really starting with an age-appropriate and likeable Peter, which gets you more than 1/2 way there. Add in the Marvel Universe connection and I'm thrilled.

Yup, you're right they're definitely calling him "Ned Leeds"... but it seems pretty clear that character is not in any way based on the character of Ned in the comics. He's 100 percent Ganke.

Even down the scene in the trailer when he discovers his friend is Spider-Man and breaks a lego model. I'm 90% certain that's right from the comics. (anyone got an image to back that up?)

Peter and Ned weren't high school buddies, Ned didn't know his secret, etc... and obviously physically he looks just like Ganke.

I think it's a nice choice for a blending of the stories a bit. I have no issue with it.

Why keep the name Ned? I don't know any Asian guy with the name of Ned. Just invent a new character at that point. Not sure what to think of Tony Stark being Parker's father figure either. Lessens the brilliance of the real origin of Spidey with Uncle Bens death. Whatever, as long as the kids like this movie than it's all good...

Why keep the name Ned? I don't know any Asian guy with the name of Ned. Just invent a new character at that point. Not sure what to think of Tony Stark being Parker's father figure either. Lessens the brilliance of the real origin of Spidey with Uncle Bens death. Whatever, as long as the kids like this movie than it's all good...

I have a friend named "Derek". He's Asian. Is that an "Asian" name?

To "blend" Spidey into the MCU and to bring him in rather quickly (and seamlessly) they had to take some creative licenses and I don't think we need another Spidey origin story. It seems like they are blending a bit of ASM with USM.

In Captain America: Civil War they strongly hinted that Spidey has already been "in action" and is very smart (we know he developed his own web shooters and scavenges computer parts). In the Marvel U during Civil War Tony and Pete did have a bond. Tony did give Pete "an upgrade".

I also don't think having Tony be a "mentor" will diminish the role of Pete becoming Spider-Man "on his own" or the death of Uncle Ben...He was already Spider-Man before Tony recruited him for Civil War and again, do we need another origin movie? Based on the trailer, I think maybe we could very well see Pete "disobeying' Tony to some degree to do "whats right".

We shall see though.

Tom Holland, from the trailers, seems to have captured that "Spidey-vibe" and I think that will be essential. I'm likely biased and I can live with and even support the changes so long as the "core" of Spidey remains the same.

"Waitaminute...You guys aren't the Avengers...I can tell Hulk gives it away" GOLD.

I also like how the famous "Spidey Eyes' finally "emote".

I remain cautiously optimistic based on the trailer.

Edited by Wall-Crawler

looked great; Holland makes a great Peter Parker/Spidey as seen in CA CW and the trailer shows he can capture the character well. Looking forward to this.

As a side note, I'm usually not too keen on the mechanized versions of villains but I'm open to Keaton's Vulture...fingers crossed

It always seems fake to me when robbers try to fight spider man. Here's a guy can stick to the ceiling, shoot webs, toss cars, he just destroyed your 3 buddies and you run up and take a swing at him. Yeah no. Real people wouldn't do that.

In his friend's room where he drops the lego set:

That is Lego Death Star 10188 (New one was not released during filming.)

There is a Vintage Kenner Star Wars AT-AT (Incomplete on his desk)

When he actually drops the lego set to the right is the nose for a Star Wars X-Wing... edition undetermined.

When Peter takes off the costume there are five vintage 77'-85' SW figures and what I think are two POTF2 95' figure on the shelf. I can make out Vintage Hoth Leia, Vintage R2-D2 (but not which one), Vintage X-Wing Luke, Vintage Sandperson, POTF2 Stormtrooper, POTF2 X-Wing Luke.

There is a Mets Piazza #31 HOF pennant hanging on the wall. This means they are Mets fans. The movie is now ruined for me.

s-l225.jpg

6vYhktT.png

lol

That's pretty funny.

http://kdvr.com/2016/12/09/police-searching-for-suspect-in-louisville-bank-robber/

Where is Spider-man when you need him

louisville-bank-robbery.jpg

LOUISVILLE, Colo. – Police are searching for a suspect who robbed the Bank of the West location in Louisville on Friday afternoon.

Police say it happened around 3:30 p.m. on Friday at the bank located at 865 E South Boulder Rd.

The suspect is described as a white male with a medium build. He was wearing a dark colored mask with a grey hoodie over a red shirt, black pants, and black gloves, police said.

Authorities say the suspect demanded money from a teller and then fled with an undisclosed amount of cash.

There was no weapon involved and nobody was injured.

It always seems fake to me when robbers try to fight spider man. Here's a guy can stick to the ceiling, shoot webs, toss cars, he just destroyed your 3 buddies and you run up and take a swing at him. Yeah no. Real people wouldn't do that.

It seems *fake* that people would fight a guy who can stick to the ceiling, shoot webs, toss cars...Uhmmm....

People are dumb. If they were faced with going to jail for a long time, yeah some would fight. Some would try to run. Some would surrender.

How many car chases have you seen on the news? You know that is a losing prospect for the suspect, yet they do it.

People do stupid mess all the time.

In his friend's room where he drops the lego set:

That is Lego Death Star 10188 (New one was not released during filming.)

There is a Vintage Kenner Star Wars AT-AT (Incomplete on his desk)

When he actually drops the lego set to the right is the nose for a Star Wars X-Wing... edition undetermined.

When Peter takes off the costume there are five vintage 77'-85' SW figures and what I think are two POTF2 95' figure on the shelf. I can make out Vintage Hoth Leia, Vintage R2-D2 (but not which one), Vintage X-Wing Luke, Vintage Sandperson, POTF2 Stormtrooper, POTF2 X-Wing Luke.

There is a Mets Piazza #31 HOF pennant hanging on the wall. This means they are Mets fans. The movie is now ruined for me.

s-l225.jpg

photo.jpg

It seems *fake* that people would fight a guy who can stick to the ceiling, shoot webs, toss cars...Uhmmm....

People are dumb. If they were faced with going to jail for a long time, yeah some would fight. Some would try to run. Some would surrender.

How many car chases have you seen on the news? You know that is a losing prospect for the suspect, yet they do it.

People do stupid mess all the time.

Right but they never do car chases like you see in the movies. Not even close.