• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

Dylan O'Brien Cast As The New SPIDER-MAN!?

-------------------

Ever since the announcement of Sony and Marvel teaming up to bring Spider-Man into the Marvel cinematic universe fans have been wondering who will be portraying the web-slinging, Spider-Menace and after a whole month of speculation according to a Reddit user known as 'redditleaker23456' Sony has found their new Spider-Man in the form of Teen Wolf actor, Dylan O'Brien. I also want to mention that this reddit user also dropped the news of the Sony/Marvel ahead of its announcement. Well how did Dylan O'Brien get the part? Apparently Dylan O'Brien gave Sony the "audition of his life" and that Sony "loved what they saw from him". Furthermore, Dylan O'Brien managed to beat out Logan Lerman because Sony felt "Dylan had a better grasp and feel of the tone they were going for".

-------------------

ce1dfabd87c439b7a01276bcd86a3f76.jpg

He looks perfect for the role!

Plus Godard at the helm and potentially RDJ and Avengers cameos in the new film, plus no re-telling of the origin????

This sounds awesome! So glad Marvel has their hands on this.

As long as the RDJ and Avengers appearance is more limited to end of the film, say after he saves the day they come up to him and ask...so, how do you feel about being an Avenger?

Boom! End film before he can answer and is just caught speechless staring at them!

Of course, it would be cool if he approaches them mid-film thinking he'd get paid but they turn him down...kinda like when he tried to join the FF in ASM #1...

...but this time Avengers come back to recruit him after he saves the day by himself.

Just some ideas but this all has mega potential!!!!!!

Dylan O'Brien Cast As The New SPIDER-MAN!?

-------------------

Ever since the announcement of Sony and Marvel teaming up to bring Spider-Man into the Marvel cinematic universe fans have been wondering who will be portraying the web-slinging, Spider-Menace and after a whole month of speculation according to a Reddit user known as 'redditleaker23456' Sony has found their new Spider-Man in the form of Teen Wolf actor, Dylan O'Brien. I also want to mention that this reddit user also dropped the news of the Sony/Marvel ahead of its announcement. Well how did Dylan O'Brien get the part? Apparently Dylan O'Brien gave Sony the "audition of his life" and that Sony "loved what they saw from him". Furthermore, Dylan O'Brien managed to beat out Logan Lerman because Sony felt "Dylan had a better grasp and feel of the tone they were going for".

-------------------

ce1dfabd87c439b7a01276bcd86a3f76.jpg

He looks perfect for the role!

Plus Godard at the helm and potentially RDJ and Avengers cameos in the new film, plus no re-telling of the origin????

This sounds awesome! So glad Marvel has their hands on this.

As long as the RDJ and Avengers appearance is more limited to end of the film, say after he saves the day they come up to him and ask...so, how do you feel about being an Avenger?

Boom! End film before he can answer and is just caught speechless staring at them!

Of course, it would be cool if he approaches them mid-film thinking he'd get paid but they turn him down...kinda like when he tried to join the FF in ASM #1...

...but this time Avengers come back to recruit him after he saves the day by himself.

Just some ideas but this all has mega potential!!!!!!

I thought Sony was still making this movie

Latino Review: Marvel more in control than was announced

The full Latino Review writeup.

MARVELOUS DA7E 84: The Business of Spider-Man

--------------------

I’m 96% sure Spider-Man will be white.

I don’t WANT it that way, it’s just the most probable reality because this character is being shared by two giant companies that both want to make more money than the other. I can see where the pressure is coming from. Amy Pascal was labeled a racist because of some leaked e-mails and Marvel Comics is getting ready to make Miles Morales, the Black/Latin Spider-Man from Brooklyn a main-universe Spider-Man this summer. Reactions to minority lead superhero films like Wonder Woman or Black Panther have been very positive...but none of them have made money yet. Wonder Woman might end up beating a solo Spidey to the screen by a matter of days: minority lead properties are still a hope, even though a strong one, from the box office prediction standpoint.

--------------------

We'll see if that 4% delivers a surprise.

--------------------

When Marvel announced the sharing deal and that Sony would keep creative control over the webslinger, it was surprising. Devin from BadAssDigest has even heard that it might have been deigning to Sony to announce it that way in the first place:

“Everything I have heard is that Marvel is calling most of the shots on this new movie. There's been a lot of language in the press to help Sony avoid some embarrassment, to make this look less like admitting defeat.“

And here’s where I pile on: Avi Arad and Matt Tolomach, producers of the Amazing Spider-Man movies (and Arad being attached to the property since it’s initial sale) are producers for Spider-Man in name only.

--------------------

Lord, please let this be true. Only because of the leadership at Sony.

:wishluck:

You know, it sounds like they're going to replicate ASM #1 in the sense that Iron Man is replacing the Fantastic Four. Spidey fights the established heroes, then learns that there is no audition process and he learns that you simply have to BE a hero, to be a hero.

Perfect. :applause:

It's too soon to know where this train is heading. But it has to be tied to the Spider-Man franchise somehow.

The Russo Brothers Sign With Sony Pictures; SPIDER-MAN Confirmed For CIVIL WAR?

------------------

"We’re thrilled to make a home at Sony Pictures, and to be partnering with the entire team. The studio has created an environment that is not only collaborative, but truly filmmaker-friendly and we’re excited to begin developing both new and ambitious material with them."

------------------

Dylan O’Brien Addresses Those SPIDER-MAN Rumors

------------------

“It’s nothing but flattering,” he said. “It’s never something I would want to get myself excited about, since I know I haven’t heard about it from a professional standpoint,” he said. “I’ve always wanted to play Peter Parker, obviously. I feel like any actor my age, that’s, like, a big thing. And my name being tossed with Logan Lerman’s is the coolest thing ever, too. I just think that kid is [frick]ing fantastic.” He continued, laughing, “It’s really just, you know, I guess I’ll see if I even hear about it? But thank you, internet, for giving me false hope!”

------------------

I wouldn't get excited yet. This could be a 'Momoa Move' before any official announcement. Thought Latino Review had this to share.

------------------

I know the brave Reddit Warriors are talking about Dylan O’Brien but of the guy is 23 and already in a series, I doubt he’s the guy- and in fact casting will not begin for a number of months yet while Sony and Marvel cross the t’s.

------------------

We shall see.

Dylan O’Brien Addresses Those SPIDER-MAN Rumors

------------------

“It’s nothing but flattering,” he said. “It’s never something I would want to get myself excited about, since I know I haven’t heard about it from a professional standpoint,” he said. “I’ve always wanted to play Peter Parker, obviously. I feel like any actor my age, that’s, like, a big thing. And my name being tossed with Logan Lerman’s is the coolest thing ever, too. I just think that kid is [frick]ing fantastic.” He continued, laughing, “It’s really just, you know, I guess I’ll see if I even hear about it? But thank you, internet, for giving me false hope!”

------------------

I wouldn't get excited yet. This could be a 'Momoa Move' before any official announcement. Thought Latino Review had this to share.

------------------

I know the brave Reddit Warriors are talking about Dylan O’Brien but of the guy is 23 and already in a series, I doubt he’s the guy- and in fact casting will not begin for a number of months yet while Sony and Marvel cross the t’s.

------------------

We shall see.

That doesn't really stop Samuel L. Jackson from appearing in 50 movies and commercials a year though. :kidaround:

Ugh. No way. Isn't MJ supposed to be good looking?

As bad as it is to say....I agree. No way can she be MJ.

Please get the casting right on MJ!

And, grab those Spectacular Spider-Man #1s. :ohnoez:

Why? Because of the title ? Come on. :eyeroll:

I really hope that's a joke. :baiting:

-J.

She was cut for a reason. And the movie still stunk lol.

‘Spider-Man’ Casting Update: Marvel & Sony Targeting Teen Actors [updated]

--------------------

Adding to rumored top candidates Dylan O’Brien and Logan Lerman, we can toss in 21 year-old British actor Sam Strike (EastEnders) who was the subject of headlines and social media buzz this weekend after having landed a major lead role in an as-of-yet unspecified American blockbuster, a role that requires him to workout rigorously.

That immediately had him listed in speculative news headlines as the next young man to play Peter Parker, but not so fast! LR reports that Marvel and Sony have yet to sign someone despite rumors to the contrary (like rumors last week saying Dylan O’Brien was cast which was false) and explain that the studios are looking for someone even younger, someone who can play a 15 year-old Peter Parker. If so, the reports of Marvel looking to put Parker back in high school aren’t kidding, and from a long-term business standpoint, it makes sense. This Spider-Man can’t fail or be abandoned. He’s not only going to potentially lead his own trilogy (at least) of Spider-Man movies that could come out annually beginning in 2017, but whatever spinoffs Sony aims to pursue on top of his major appearances in Marvel’s movies which may see him as the lead in The Avengers: Infinity War – Part One.

--------------------