• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

The amount of iron man on the poster makes me want to throw up

Yup. It's a Spider-Man movie, but we get both an Iron Man AND Tony Stark pic in the poster. Who would have ever thought we'd see the day where they'd try to rely on Iron Man to sell a SPIDER-MAN movie? Crazy times.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Yup. It's a Spider-Man movie, but we get both an Iron Man AND Tony Stark pic in the poster. Who would have ever thought we'd see the day where they'd try to rely on Iron Man to sell a SPIDER-MAN movie? Crazy times.

Not only, Stark and Iron Man, but Happy Hogan, too?  I don't think Happy/Favreau even made it onto any of the Iron Man movie posters.  doh!

Sometimes you want to lay on how important Spider-Man has been to you personally to give your point of view extra depth. As an ex-completist, who at one point had 8,000 Spidey comics, I can't stress how big a Spidey fan I am now, and have been since the age of 8. So it is with a heavy heart that I say that, Michael Keaton aside, I think everything about this film looks wrong. The poster sums it up. No pun intended, but it's quite simply shocking. Why is Tony Starks head bigger than Peters?

If I would rather see Wonder Woman, or GOTG2 over this, then something has gone very wrong indeed. Marvel may pull it out of the bag and produce an enjoyable film, but right now I don't like the lead casting, the poster, the title, the title font, the suit additions, the ridiculous notion that Iron Man must be so prevalent for it to be a success, the music, the villains appearances (i.e. suits with little in common with the comics) and the supporting cast who I don't recognise. 

Finally, and crucially,  I don't see or feel the spirit or charm of the Spidey story I know anywhere in this latest attempt. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I feel this is going to be yet another misjudged take on the Spidey story. 

Marvel/Disney made the mistake of thinking that the early success of their movies was directly tied to RDJ

as a result he's become the focal point for too many of their films

GOTG 1 and 2 should prove that there's life beyond Iron Man. 

Edited by jsilverjanet

39 minutes ago, Doc McCoy said:
2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Not only, Stark and Iron Man, but Happy Hogan, too?  I don't think Happy/Favreau even made it onto any of the Iron Man movie posters.  doh!

It's bizarrely bad and misjudged isn't it. With Marvel now at the helm, isn't this supposed to be the one we've all been waiting for? The definitive take? Back to the poster, if I was in charge of production, and someone put that poster in front if me, I would fire them. In fact, I'm so in awe of it's amateurish awfulness, that I'm not going to say another word on the matter, for fear that I may lose my composure and be subsequently moderated for excessive masking. 

12 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Marvel/Disney made the mistake of thinking that the early success of their movies was directly tied to RDJ

as a result he's become the focal point for too many of their films

GOTG 1 and 2 should prove that there's life beyond Iron Man. 

I just watched the international trailer again.  I see a trailer for an Avengers film, with Spidey in it. Who'd have thought it.

4 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Same here. I think it may be Spider-fatigue. We just got through a complete character reboot, and it was only, what, two years ago since the last one? This movie looks...fine. But there's nothing that really gets me stoked about it.

I am starting to realize Spider-Man is more for younger people. Spider-Man growing up was my favorite character,even liked him when I was in my 20s,but there comes a point when you are in your 40s and up that it gets harder to relate to a teen-ager. Heck, I am old enough to be Peter Parker`'s dad now. :whatthe:

For what it is worth my 15, and 18 year old sons love these Spider-Man trailers and keep talking about how much they want to see the movie.

Me, I am looking forward to the Punsher Netflix series,Thor and DeadPool 2 more.

I am sure this Spider-Man movie will be a big hit with the Millennials. Looks fun.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

2 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

It's bizarrely bad and misjudged isn't it. With Marvel now at the helm, isn't this supposed to be the one we've all been waiting for? The definitive take? Back to the poster, if I was in charge of production, and someone put that poster in front if me, I would fire them. In fact, I'm so in awe of it's amateurish awfulness, that I'm not going to say another word on the matter, for fear that I may lose my composure and be subsequently moderated for excessive masking. 

It really is, like, unbelievably bad. I can't believe it actually made it to press.

Is it going to be the quintessential old school canon Spider-man movie? No. Do we even really want to see that at at this point? Exhausting. 

It looks super fun and refreshing to me with just enough winks to us hardcore stodgy comic book fans.

I helped this old lady and she bought me a churro lmao.

Edited by quillandtankard

You couldn't pay me to see Wonder Woman (although I expect everyone to universally sing its praises no matter how middling-to-bad it actually is).

This, I won't necessarily rush to see on opening day, but it's definitely on my "must-see" list, if for no other reason than the inevitable Venom tease I just know is going to be in it.  :wishluck:

-J.

On 5/27/2017 at 9:52 PM, MusterMark said:

This movie will do MAJOR Box Office.

And I'll probably like it a lot.

Agreed. 

I could see this doing close to or a billion world-wide.  I am pretty sure having Iron Man in it guarantees close or to billion dollar box office.  

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Zendaya's SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Character May Have Been Revealed - Possible SPOILERS

151698.jpg

When it was announced that Zendaya's Spider-Man: Homecoming character was named Michele, fans assumed she must be playing Michele Rodriguez. Then, a rumor that she'd actually been cast as Mary Jane Watson arose and a lot of people began to accept that as the truth.

Even so, the young actress/singer has always maintained that she was "just playing Michele", and some new information might just prove that she wasn't pulling our legs. However, that doesn't mean that there isn't a lot more to the story.

Spoiler

Movie Pilot is reporting on some leaked details from the junior novelization, which supposedly reveals that Michele's surname is actually Toomes... as in, Adrian Toomes. Yes, if this is indeed on the level, Zendaya will be playing The Vulture's daughter in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

This does actually match up with some of the stuff we've heard about Michael Keaton's character (we know he's trying to provide for his family and that they will appear in the movie) so it could well be accurate, but we'll have to treat it as a rumor for the time being.

19 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

'MJ!'

lol

Not sure if I'm the first to spot this but it looks very much like Spider-Man Tony Stark is going to be in the new Iron Man Spider-Man film!