• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Doohickamabob said:

Just saw the movie. I thought it was great! Much better than anticipated.

No gripes with the plotting, cast, etc. Not sure why anybody would have any gripes. Great movie.

Michael Keaton really was good in this movie. Just watched it again and enjoyed his performance.

On 11/3/2017 at 6:50 AM, fantastic_four said:

splitting-hairs.jpg

Yup. It was a terrific movie.

Not a huge fan of them changing up the original supporting cast so much but I understand that they have to do it for contemporary audiences.

Keaton - as if he couldn't get any better, just kept getting better. Batman, , Betelgeuse, Birdman and now Vulture. How many times can an actor reinvent himself in contemporary pop culture? Apparently nobody except for Keaton. He was magnificent.

On 11/16/2017 at 4:47 PM, VintageComics said:

Not a huge fan of them changing up the original supporting cast so much but I understand that they have to do it for contemporary audiences.

Keaton - as if he couldn't get any better, just kept getting better. Batman, , Betelgeuse, Birdman and now Vulture. How many times can an actor reinvent himself in contemporary pop culture? Apparently nobody except for Keaton. He was magnificent.

Don't forgot about Mr. Mom and Johnny Dangerously.  He started out as a comedic actor.  

-J.

On 11/19/2017 at 4:34 PM, Jaydogrules said:
On 11/16/2017 at 7:47 PM, VintageComics said:

Don't forgot about Mr. Mom and Johnny Dangerously.  He started out as a comedic actor.  

Good points.

I remember the outrage in the late 80's when they announced that Mr. Mom was playing Batman (much like fanboys get outraged today over some choices).

He's carved out quite a career for himself.