• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

Yep, Simmons as JJJ is the #1 comic book casting of all time. Flat out nails the role.

That has to be up there with some of the greatest comic book castings ever...Hugh Jackman...Patrick Stewart...Christopher Reeve...I'll even include Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool in this...

I think Hiddleston is great too.

That has to be up there with some of the greatest comic book castings ever...Hugh Jackman...Patrick Stewart...Christopher Reeve...I'll even include Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool in this...

He was perfect.

I think Simmons and Hiddleston are 1 and 1a on the casting.

I also thought Fassbender as the young Magneto was excellent.

He was perfect.

I think Simmons and Hiddleston are 1 and 1a on the casting.

I also thought Fassbender as the young Magneto was excellent.

Indeed.

Marvel's Spider-Man Casts Zendaya In Key Role

Actress/Singer Zendaya has been cast in a “key role” in Sony and Marvel’s upcoming Spider-Man film reboot.

She'll be acting opposite Tom Holland, the young actor chosen to be the Marvel Cinematic Universe's Peter Parker.

According to Deadline, Zendaya is playing a character named Michelle. No further details on what role Michelle plays in Peter’s life were revealed, but the scuttlebutt is that she is not a love interest.

zendaya-miss-social.jpg

Money is on Black Cat...I know ethnically it doesn't fit but they may be trying to diversify the cast. Marisa Tomei isn't an old woman either...

+ 1

As soon as I saw her photo, it was the first character I thought of.

More Details On Zendaya's Role In Marvel And Sony's SPIDER-MAN Reboot

Following today's announcement that singer/actress Zendaya (19) has joined Marvel and Sony's Spider-Man reboot starring Tom Holland (19), Variety has revealed new details about her role. Skepticism was the initial thought when it was revealed that Zendaya would play a character named "Michelle" but that just might be the case. According to Variety, Zendaya will not play a love interest for Tom Holland's Peter Parker nor will she be a lead character in the film. However, her character will play a big part in future installments.

SPIDER-MAN Reboot Working Title Is A Seinfeld Reference

According to Production Weekly, the working title for Sony and Marvel's Spider-Man reboot (listed as “Untitled Marvel/Sony Feature”) will be: “Summer Of George.” The title appears to be a reference to a 1997 episode of Seinfeld.

“Summer Of George” was the title for the Season 8 finale (156th episode) of the NBC sitcom. In it, lovable loser George Costanza receives a severance package from the New York Yankees, and it's enough money for George to do whatever he likes for the summer, but instead he chooses to waste his financial freedom by being incredibly lazy.

lol

Spider-Man: Zendaya Confirms Her Role In Upcoming Solo Movie

Today, Zendaya confirmed her role in the new Spider-Man, rumored to be titled The Spectacular Spider-Man (via Just Jared). Appearing on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, the entertainer was asked by DeGeneres about her possible role in the upcoming superhero epic directed by Jon Watts (Cop Car). Although the performer isn’t sure when production will begin and “can’t say anything else other than I’m going to be in it,” she did discuss her casting experience before landing her first major film part:

“It’s very exciting. When it comes to the acting space, I’m basically unknown. I’ve never been in a real movie before or anything like that, so I had to start from the bottom like anyone else. I auditioned and auditioned and auditioned and [broke] down those walls because a lot of people do have that pre-conceived notion of who I am based off previous things I’ve done, so you got to really break that down and go hard, put in the work, take all the meetings, take all the auditions.”

Little is also known about her role in the film, or the film itself – aside from MCU head Kevin Feige’s description of it as a superhero origin saga by way of a John Hughes-esque high school melodrama. Her character in the Spider-Man reboot is currently listed on IMDB as “Michelle,” which could be a reference to criminal defense lawyer and Peter Parker roommate, Michelle Gonzales. However, early rumors suggested she has a “key role” in the film (larger than a roommate, anyway), so it’s also possible her character is an amalgamation of several characters or Gonzales’ importance has been increased in the film – assuming it is her character at all.

Title Of New SPIDER-MAN Movie Revealed?

Has Sony let slip the title of their Spider-Man reboot? As spotted by Empire, the studio recently registered the URL SpiderManHomecomingTheMovie.com, which could well indicate that they've chosen to call the movie Spider-Man: Homecoming after the '80s comic arc, which featured appearances from both Captain America and Tony Stark, and the debut of the black Venom symbiote suit.

That title would have other implications too of course, as this film would mark the Webhead's first solo outing since returning home to Marvel Studios.