• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

Is the Vulture the confirmed new movie villain? Read something about Michael Keaton being confirmed in the movie but not sure if it's truly finalized (shrug)

That's a really good question, as I am not sure it was clearly confirmed Michael Keaton was being encouraged to take on the Vulture. It was assumed based on his Birdman role.

DEADLINE: Michael Keaton Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ After All – Is He The Vulture?

Michael Keaton, who in April was in early talks for a villainous role in the Sony-Marvel collaboration/reboot Spider-Man: Homecoming before falling out, is back in the mix again and we’ve been told his deal has closed. He apparently is set to play iconic Spider-Man villain The Vulture and joins newly minted Spider-Man Tom Holland along with Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey Jr. who are also confirmed.

But now the story as of yesterday is he has definitely signed on, and that it is the Vulture.

It says "apparently" the Vulture is the new villain. We're still over a year out, chance it could still change?

It says "apparently" the Vulture is the new villain. We're still over a year out, chance it could still change?

Any could happen if someone on the creative team comes up with a strong enough proposal.

The Vulture could just be a red herring...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... but please, oh God, please, let it be Goblin free :wishluck:

Is Amazing Spider-Man 2 even trending? Is there a bigger yawn-fest than octogenarian Adrian Toomes as the first villain in the Marvel reboot? Not that it couldn't be entertaining, but...the Vulture?

It would not be Adrian as we know him..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Don't get me wrong, it could be good. But it just doesn't move the dial for me at all. Morbius or Kraven, hellz yeah. Vulture, meh.

Yes it's the Vulture. But good news is The Terrible Tinkerer will also be in it. :banana:

:cool:

Well then, I was wrong to doubt. I'm all in, baby!

Aerial battles between The Vulture and Spidey would look amazing on the big screen (and with well done CGI), just please make sure there's a plot. And try not to have 4 different villains in one movie, ok?

There are still lots of roles to fill...Keaton could be playing Captain Stacey, or even J. Jonah Jameson. He's definitely not Kraven, doesn't have the look or the physicality. He could be Vulture, but I sure hope not. :eek: