• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

"Spider-man" will never be Miles Morales.

It was one of the conditions when Marvel optioned the rights to Sony.

Spider-Man will always be Peter Parker on film.

Period.

-J.

Yes, but that was long before Miles Morales even existed and presumably there was extensive negotiating on a number of fronts in the new Marvel-Sony deal, possibly including this.

That's wishful thinking.

Marvel stepped in to salvage and redeem the legacy of Peter Parker on film. And there have always been plenty of other Spider derivative characters out there. Miles Morales is just another in a long line (and not even the most interesting or best selling one ).

Stan Lee is on the record saying that Peter Parker will always be "Spider-Man" on the big screen. Marvel just barely got back their biggest toy.

No one is even thinking about Miles Morales (other than maybe all the speculators stock piling copies of ultimate fallout 4). lol

-J.

I disagree with you. There was a large amount of support for Donald Glover when he was vying for the Morales role, which can't all have just been Glover love. I've also seen a few people on these very boards previously express interest in him onscreen.

Also, nothing Stan Lee says on record matters at all. He has no say in these movies.

I think you're forgetting when the rights deal for Spider-man were actually struck.

It's common knowledge that Peter Parker as Spider-Man in every (live action) big screen film was part of the deal.

Period.

-J.

Okay, but are you referring to the deal back in the 90s, or in 2014?

lol Both actually.

According to all reports I've heard Peter Parker is the only one who will ever be "Spider-Man" in the live action films. It need not specify what "other" Spider-derivative characters that either did exist at the time or will exist in the future.

As it stands, it will only be Peter.

And thank heavens for that. :cloud9:

-J.

I don't think a budget exists for anything other than Peter Parker.

I've never read, but heard stories about the Spiderman storyline, and Xmen for that matter. Makes me glad I stopped in 00

I don't think a budget exists for anything other than Peter Parker.

I've never read, but heard stories about the Spiderman storyline, and Xmen for that matter. Makes me glad I stopped in 00

+1

Or we might get Jessica Drew or Scarlet Spider. Definitely are going to get Venom and Carnage first.

Just so many other Spider-characters, even if Miles Morales was on the table he would be at the bottom of the list IMO.

-J.

The only way I see Miles Morales on the big screen is if they adapt the Spider-Verse idea into the franchise, which is always a possibility. Peter Parker will always be the leading actor in any Spidey movie though. Maybe when Morales has been around for 50+ years, he will get his shot.

Spider-Man: Homecoming Adds Silicon Valley Star Martin Starr

spidermansiliconvalley-186283.jpg

Spider-Man: Homecoming is on a roll lately in regards to castings. Just a few days ago Donald Glover reportedly joined the heavily anticipated superhero film. He’s closely followed by Silicon Valley actor Martin Starr (according to Deadline).

The actor's role has not been announced as of this time, but he joins a packed cast including Tom Holland (Spider-Man/Peter Parker), Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man/Tony Stark), Marisa Tomei (Aunt May), Michael Keaton (The Vulture), Zendaya, Michael Barbieri, Kenneth Choi, and Tony Revolori.

I like him on Silicon Valley.

lol

Logan Marshall-Green In Talks For Spider-Man: Homecoming Villain Role

loganmarshallgreen-spidermanhomecoming-186281.png

ccording to The Hollywood Reporter, Logan Marshall-Green, 39, is in negotiations with Sony Pictures Entertainment to join the cast of Spider-Man: Homecoming.

THR says that "Marshall-Green would swing in as an evildoer alongside" Michael Keaton's main villain, which is reportedly The Vulture.

Marshall-Green is best known for playing Charlie Holloway in Ridley Scott's 2012 Alien prequel, Prometheus. He is currently starring in Cinemax’s series Quarry.

Spider-Man: Homecoming is on a roll lately in regards to castings. Just a few days ago Donald Glover reportedly joined the heavily anticipated superhero film. He’s closely followed by Silicon Valley actor Martin Starr (according to Deadline).

The actor's role has not been announced as of this time, but he joins a packed cast including Tom Holland (Spider-Man/Peter Parker), Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man/Tony Stark), Marisa Tomei (Aunt May), Michael Keaton (The Vulture), Zendaya, Michael Barbieri, Kenneth Choi, and Tony Revolori.

lol

I love Silicon Valley. Looking forward to learning more about Starr's role in Homecoming.

lol

I love Silicon Valley. Looking forward to learning more about Starr's role in Homecoming.
Here's a hilarious scene from last weeks episode:

Spider-Man: Homecoming Starts Filming

In a kind message on social media, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 writer/director James Gunn offered up some words of encouragement for Spider-Man: Homecoming, which starts filming at Pinewood Studios Atlanta just as GOTG Vol. 2 wraps.

"Many blessings today to the star of Spider-Man: Homecoming, Tom Holland, and the film's director Jon Watts, as they begin their shoot in Atlanta just as we are ending ours," Gunn writes. "I don't think we could pass the Marvel baton to two nicer, better guys who care more about what they're doing. Kill it!"

gunn-holland-pratt-186605.jpg

Spider-Man: Homecoming Starts Filming

In a kind message on social media, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 writer/director James Gunn offered up some words of encouragement for Spider-Man: Homecoming, which starts filming at Pinewood Studios Atlanta just as GOTG Vol. 2 wraps.

"Many blessings today to the star of Spider-Man: Homecoming, Tom Holland, and the film's director Jon Watts, as they begin their shoot in Atlanta just as we are ending ours," Gunn writes. "I don't think we could pass the Marvel baton to two nicer, better guys who care more about what they're doing. Kill it!"

gunn-holland-pratt-186605.jpg

Is the 12 year old kid in the photo a fan on site?

More SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Set Photos Reveal A Surprising Tie To The AMAZING Franchise

In the comic books, Peter Parker went to Midtown High School. The Amazing Spider-Man franchise for some reason changed that to Midtown Science High School, and now Marvel Studios and Sony are following a similar route for Spider-Man: Homecoming. As you can see below, Tom Holland is sporting a jumper which reveals that the wall crawler now goes to Midtown School of Science & Technology.

tom-holland-wears-school-sweatshirt-on-spider-man-homecoming-set-02.jpg

So this is how Sony will at least take advantage of Spidey's likeness outside of the films since it sold off the merchandising rights to Disney.

Marvel: The Future of Spider-Man Console Games “Is With Sony and Insomniac”

Discussing the recently announced Spider-Man game coming exclusively to PlayStation 4 from Insomniac Games, Jay Ong, Marvel’s Vice President of Games, hinted that the partnership with Sony will extend beyond one title:

"We’ve had a long history of success with Activision, and we still have a great relationship with them. But the future of the Spider-Man console games is with Sony and Insomniac. We’re delighted about this partnership, and that’s something that’s going to continue forward. With [regard to] other console partners, stay tuned. There’s many more interesting additional things to come. But Activision is in the past, with regards to Spider-Man."

After explaining their “brand new strategy to be very selective and only partner with the best game companies on earth,” Ong says one major change is the decision to no longer tie games to movie releases.

“It was difficult to succeed with that one, often times there wasn’t enough time to come out with something truly terrific,” he said.

This casting is getting more interesting. Especially trying to figure out the direction.

FARGO Season 2 Star Bokeem Woodbine Has Joined The Cast Of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

He was good in Fargo. Definitely stood out.

BETTER CALL SAUL Actor Michael Mando joins The Ever-Expanding Cast Of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Sony Plans Whole Spider-Man Universe And More Work With Marvel

Spider-Man: Homecoming will be the first fruit of the vine of the partnership between Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures, but it won’t be the last according to Sony Pictures Entertainment chairman Tom Rothman. THR asked Rothman about the possibility of building a Spider-Man movie universe out of the partnership and about the possibility of Sony working with Marvel on other projects.

“Yes to both those questions,” Rothman answered. “It’s been fantastic, our relationship with Marvel.” Prior to that relationship, Sony had plans for a third Amazing Spider-Man movie and a villain-centric Sinister Six spinoff (with Marvel’s Daredevil creator Drew Goddard attached to write and direct). There were also additional rumors of a Venom solo film and a team film featuring a group of female Spider-Man family characters. Those plans seemed to have been dropped after the deal with Marvel was struck, but who knows what ideas may come back around.

“Sony has the ultimate authority,” Rothman clarified concerning the working relationship between the two studios. “But we have deferred the creative lead to Marvel, because they know what they’re doing.”

One other Spider-Man project in the works is the upcoming animated Spider-Man film, which will be completely divorced from the live action Spider-Man: Homecoming. Rothman expressed enthusiasm for the animated superhero feature, saying, “And we have dated Christmas 2018 for what I believe is truly going to be a breakthrough animated sensation. [Phil] Lord and [Chris] Miller, who did the Lego movies, are doing an animated Spider-Man. And it has a very breakthrough look to it, and a fantastic story, and it's independent from our Marvel Spider-Man.”