• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LUKE CAGE on Netflix
2 2

383 posts in this topic

Luke Cage’s Mike Colter on DC & Marvel Rivalry Promoting ‘Excellence’

kSeaIAu.png

Colter opened the panel with, “It’s great to be part of the Marvel family,” and Screen Geek also caught an interesting tidbit when one fan asked what Colter’s thoughts were on the DC/Marvel feud. While grateful for Luke Cage‘s success, Colter’s response was pretty even, he said:

“DC and Marvel are always about entertainment, right? And what’s great about DC and Marvel, it’s like any great rivalry. We’re trying to push the other one to excellence. DC is always thinking of a new way to challenge Marvel, and Marvel is always thinking of a new way to challenge DC. So that’s going to drive both of them to be the best version of themselves the best way they can be. Kudos to to DC for putting out great products.”

What a classy answer.

I'm halfway through episode 9 and I think this might be the strongest writing and acting so far!.

Maybe I need to rewatch this? I took me forever to slug through it. I thought the acting and writing was the worst. Not saying it's a bad series, just was lackluster compared to the others for me.

I'm halfway through episode 9 and I think this might be the strongest writing and acting so far!.

Maybe I need to rewatch this? I took me forever to slug through it. I thought the acting and writing was the worst. Not saying it's a bad series, just was lackluster compared to the others for me.

I never thought it was terrible but this episode I found pretty clever... for the most part..

I never thought it was terrible but this episode I found pretty clever... for the most part..

I think my wife's review of the series is pretty spot on...."meh". And she's not even a fan of the character like I am.

Great series. Loved the acting, the vibe and the music. Misty and Coppermouth were fantastic and Mariah became a more powerful character as the series developed her character.

At times, some of the episodes felt a little slow but that is expected in a long series. That also helped set the tempo and develop the characters. That is a benefit of the Netflix series format vs. the 2 hour movie.

Looking forward to Defenders and ultimately Luke Season 2.

Great series. Loved the acting, the vibe and the music. Misty and Coppermouth were fantastic and Mariah became a more powerful character as the series developed her character.

At times, some of the episodes felt a little slow but that is expected in a long series. That also helped set the tempo and develop the characters. That is a benefit of the Netflix series format vs. the 2 hour movie.

Looking forward to Defenders and ultimately Luke Season 2.

I'm bingeing Luke Cage right now...... wow. How long do we have to wait for Season 2 ? With all the quality Marvel coming from Netflix, how long will it be before we see the Marvel Channel ?...... TV is just such a better fit for most comic properties.... GOD BLES...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Luke Cage Is The Biggest Marvel Netflix Series Of The Year

Symphony Advanced Media has done the math and found that Luke Cage is Marvel Television’s biggest hit on Netflix. The streaming site does not provide ratings or viewership numbers for its original series, but the company estimates that Luke Cage had a bigger opening than Making A Murderer and Stranger Things.

According to Symphony, 6.34 percent of Netflix users aged 18-49 were watching Luke Cage in the 32 days following its premiere. Those numbers make it a competitive series on Netflix’s roster, but it doesn’t push it above titans like Orange Is The New Black or Fuller House. And, when Gilmore Girls returns for its special miniseries, the beloved sitcom stands to bulldoze Luke Cage if given the chance.

Superhero burnout. It's a thing.

:insane:

Marvel And Netflix Confirm Luke Cage Season 2

Jamie Lovett - 12/04/2016

Marvel and Netflix have officially confirmed that Marvel's Luke Cage will be getting a second season.

The announcement was made with a tweet that featured a video set to the tune of the Luke Cage opening theme, sent out with Cage's own mantra, "Always forward."

http://comicbook.com/2016/12/04/marvel-and-netflix-confirm-luke-cage-season-2/?utm_source=Comicbook.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=161204_140149_Comicbook.com%20Daily%20Newsletter&utm_content=Image

Finally finished Luke Cage at the weekend. I sort of enjoyed it but it is a peculiar show - peculiar in tone, in pacing and at times with the acting. And the incidental music is especially bad - they should have stuck with a jazz/soul/rap soundtrack all the way through instead of having somebody unexpectedly bang on a load of pots and pans at the most inappropriate times.

Plus - like all of the Marvel Netflix shows it is at least 3 episodes too long.

I'm stuck around episode 6 and its dare I say,... boring.

I was really hoping for this show, but dang, this will be the first Marvel Super-Hero movie/show that I am not sure I can make it through. They need; better pacing, a better bad guy, more comedy, better fight scenes, more interesting supporting cast and so on.

After coming from watching the Bee episode "Hated in the Nation" of Black Mirror this thing is a snore fest.

Edited by Rip

Me, the wife, and our HS age son are all on the side of having enjoyed this series. We all thought the first episode was slow, and maybe that stuck in the craw of so many people they can't get past it? But after that we really enjoyed it. Mike Colter is excellent as Luke, in my opinion. He plays him with that kind of slow easy going rhythm with which you can live your life if you're invulnerable.

I do think that where people say the fights are "boring" they have a point... but it's based on character on nothing else. Luke Cage vs. guns, regular people, etc... there's really not much there. He's a tank. Daredevil it's a fight. Jessica Jones is more like Cage, but she had a super-powered foe who attacked the MIND. Which is what made that series so intense. Here that didn't exist. So we need Cage vs. more than just a really nasty bullet.

We all rank it below DD and JJ, but that doesn't mean much since we loved those. Looking forward to Iron Fist and then to Defenders!

I agree with those saying it was the weakest entry of the Marvel Netflix shows. I enjoyed both Daredevil Seasons and Jessica Jones much more than Luke Cage.

I think part of it was what some were saying...his physical invulnerability and lack of personal attachments made him unrelatable and made most of his action scenes somewhat boring and lacking drama, even if the character himself was likeable.

It was a fine show and I'll give a watch to season 2, but it wasn't great like I thought DD and JJ were.

2 Spoiler questions:

1) Didn't he get shot twice by the Judas rounds? Once in the lower abdomen and later in the shoulder? When they boiled him in acid, they seemed to only remove the fragments from the shoulder shot. What about the first shot? What did I miss?

2) At the beginning of this series, he works several jobs and works strictly on a cash-basis, even taking lower pay to do so. This is to keep him off the books so no one digs around and finds something that would send him back to Seagate.

But wasn't that HIS bar in the Jessica Jones series? Wasn't he the owner? It's been a while, so maybe he was just working there. Just seems it would be hard to own a business anonymously...especially one as regulated as a bar.

Finally finished this hot turd of a show. What a colossal disappointment. DD and JJ were top notch, but the acting and writing on LC was a complete joke in comparison. 

Very disappointed in how they treated Rosario Dawson's character too...is she just gonna jump from super hero to super hero playing the love interest? Incredibly lame and they didn't have to do that. Luke and Claire made a fine platonic team, they didn't have to go full Saved by the Bell with the writing during the last episode. 

Really hope they do Iron First justice next month. :wishluck:

I watched all 13 episodes in one day, for the first time, last weekend...I thought Season 1 was really good. It reminded me of NYPD Blue with a Superhero in it. In fact, during some stretches of the run, I forgot it was a superhero show and I thought it was purely a typical crime/detective series centered in Harlem, NY ---- my favorite parts of the series was seeing how Pop's Barbershop was a community centerpiece for troubled youth and young men. It reminded me of Ice Cube's Barbershop movie. I also thought Method Man's cameo and Bulletproof Love rhyme was cool. #shoutouttoPop #hoodie